MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Got The Gear, Got The Tunes, Need A Clue, Do I need a sampler, or is DP4 enough?
davidmacneill
post Mon 12 Apr 2004, 06:36
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,969

I stopped recording my pop tunes ten years ago, way back when Performer's first name wasn't "Digital". Now I'm back with loads of new songs to record, using a new 1.25Ghz PowerBook G4 with 1GB of RAM, a fast Weibetech 200GB external FireWire drive, a Tascam FW-1884 control surface/audio interface, M-Audio KeyStation 49e MIDI controller, Digital Performer 4.12, DrumsOnDemand sample libraries I and II, a Rode NTK for vocals, an AKG C451B for my Martins, and a Shure SM-58 for my Tele through my old Boogie.

I'm rarin' to go, but I'm conceptually stuck and can't begin until I get one thing straight: Do I need a software sampler, like MOTU's MachFive, to sequence my DrumsOnDemand loops so that they'll sound natural, or can I do just as well assembling them in DP4?

I'm one of those kind of people who has to have all my tools laid out before me before I can start a creative project. I don't want to have to redo all these rhythm tracks with some other piece of software three months from now.

~ David MacNeill
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
niko_91
post Tue 13 Apr 2004, 15:28
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,872

Do I need a software sampler, like MOTU's MachFive, to sequence my DrumsOnDemand loops so that they'll sound natural, or can I do just as well assembling them in DP4?

yes you need a sampler hard.

Do both method...cutting a loop and reassembling it gives clues about sequencing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 21 Sep 2024, 09:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008