MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Are My Recording Buttons??, LOGIC
dgrotbo
post Thu 25 Mar 2004, 14:39
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,197

I am a newbie and have been learning Logic (I bought the Big Box and Logic 6). I attend the Apple Store (in NYC) Logic training classes from time to time and the other day learned how to create an Autoload. Well, I created a new Autoload with a couple of the software instruments as part of Autoload. All of a sudden I noticed that the little red "R" on the Midi tracks was missing. The "R" (for recording) is still there on the audio tracks. I must have changed the template somehow, but I could not find a way to undo this. Can anyone help me get back my little red "R?"

The Midi tracks cannot record as it is set up now. I did not change the interface at all (I'm using a Tascam US-122 and an old Yamaha keyboard). Even songs I recorded previously are now missing the "R" button on the Midi tracks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
editbrain
post Fri 26 Mar 2004, 08:46
Post #2

Member No.: 30,424

dgrotbo,

i hope you are enjoying Logic. You are not missing the button. It is not there because you do not have to assign the track to record. You only have to select the ® to record audio objects from an Input on your computer i.e. Line In, Mic, External Audio Device, PCI Card, whatever you use.

The reason being if you have an audio instrument selected Logic knows that when you have AI selected to record any midi being sent to the computer on that channel.
The reason you have to select the ® on the audio track channels is because you might have more than one Input and you want to record drums, guitar and bass at the same time, guitar piano, triangle congas chants. you get the idea? hope this has helped.

happy recording,
editbrain

This post has been edited by editbrain: Fri 26 Mar 2004, 08:47

+Quote Post
dgrotbo
post Mon 29 Mar 2004, 20:15
Post #3

Member No.: 26,197

Doh! Not sure why I thought the R buttons had disappeared.

Thanks for the kind reply.

Logic is great (still working on that learnings curve though...)

+Quote Post
editbrain
post Mon 29 Mar 2004, 20:32
Post #4

Member No.: 30,424

your welcome.

happy recording,
editbrain

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Mon 29 Mar 2004, 22:44
Post #5

Maniac Member

Member No.: 2,002

cool.gif
On an audio instrument or audio track, if it is "Frozen" the record icon goes away.

make sure you haven't engaged "freeze" by mistake.

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Sat 28 Sep 2024, 08:27
- © PcMusic 1997-2007