MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Noisy hard-drive!, Problems in a-room-studio
rauli
post Tue 13 Nov 2001, 03:19
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,090

Hi all!
I´m looking for someone to help me. Yes, I got my brand new Mac(G4 733) with my Digi001 and goods mics(see the cheaps and really goods Berhinger B-2),and good accoustic instruments and new ideas to play.Good. But now, when starts to work,I guess that the CPU´s noise is really hard to suffer with my condenser mic. I´m in my room, that´s all I have, and I´m the performer and the engineer.
Somebody knows what to do?huh.gif

All suggestions are gold...thanks wink.gif

--------------------
rauli
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synthetic
post Sat 17 Nov 2001, 18:57
Post #2

Maniac Member

Member No.: 1,082

ISOLATE!... you can either buy yourself a long extension cord for some headphones and long mic cable and move to another room or I suggest maybe using a blanket to separate your mike from the computer. They have boxes you can buy as well to incase your computer to make it quieter but I think they are a bit expensive... check the classifiieds in back of some music mags like EQ or Electronic Musician to find.

Some low level background noise can be masked with some clever EQ and noise reduction plugs too. Try to elimate an audio regions that have no instrument sound too as this will clear up the background noise at low levels.

I use direct input for almost all my recordings to overcome bad acoustics and the noise from the computer but if you are using acoustic instruments then that may be a little more difficult.

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post
GrooveDoc
post Tue 4 Dec 2001, 08:42
Post #3

Member No.: 2,557

hi rauli,

there is a way to operate the Mac even out of the room (!) with a splitter box that can also work as an extension.
for example, in my studio, I can sit in front of the mac and operate it, or I can go into my vocal booth and operate as well, which is very important, as I play my onstruments in the booth, but I don't want to have to run out and stop PROTOOLS after each take.
So I got this box called the Geffin box, sold here in California for about $ 600.- and now I can put a mouse and an extra monitor (no matter which size) up to 200 feet away!!
True, this is not cheap, but if you ever run into a magic track that you can sell to a record company, and your performance was cool, but you can't use it because of background noise, you wish you had had one of these extensions.
That way you can put the CPU out of the room! - big difference

Hope this helps
PS: stop by my website, I have a digital recording forum, that deals with some very important digi-recording issues...
www.fcpmusic.com
Stephan (GroovDoc)

+Quote Post
abbie
post Thu 6 Dec 2001, 18:23
Post #4

Member No.: 322

Why not get a cordless mouse and maybe a long cable for your monitor to create a distance from the processor? I'll admit that I am not sure of the mouse's range.

--------------------
Abbie

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 09:17
- © 440 Forums 2011