MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Logic's Score Editor, Logic's Score Editor for a Sibelius user
file13
post Fri 23 Jan 2004, 17:16
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,683

howdy all! i am currently a Sibelius 3 user and love it to write compositions. now i'm looking at getting into home recording and have been considering getting Logic since it seems to have a nice score editor. so i have some possibly silly questions that i haven't found clear answers on at Apple's or Emagic's site.

1. generally how is the score editor? is it easy to input notes/intuitive? also, how through is it? i don't expect it to be as fancy as Sibelius, but can you for example notate stuff like tremelos or trills or would you simply edit the midi file with an effect to do the same thing rather then it do it via the notation?

2. this may be a dumb question but, can you directly score to an empty midi track? can i for instance set up a track for a violin, pick the sound, and start scoring it without having to go through a midi controller?

3. if anyone has both Sibelius and Logic, have you tried dumping a single midi track from Sibelius and seeing how it looks/sounds in the Logic score editor?

any opinions/advice/facts would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 07:05
- © MacMusic 1997-2008