MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Tibook Line In With Mixer, help with compatibility
albino_axe
post Wed 14 Jan 2004, 03:11
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,217

I own a 1Ghz G4 TiBook and I want to use it for making a home studio in my room. Now, I'm not talking about all this super expensive studio quality stuff, I just want to be able to record my guitar, harmonica, djembe, and voice onto my computer with reasonable quality. The thing I need help with is this. I need to know if I can plug a Behringer Eurorack UB1204-PRO mixer into the line in to the back of my TiBook. I know I can only record in mono that way because I would have to use a adapter cable that goes from the left and right A/V cables to one 1/8" jack. But that is alright with me. I just need to know that if I buy that Behringer mixer and some mics and, using the A/V to 1/8" cable, connect it into the line in on my laptop that it will work. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated!!! Thank you,
albino_axe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
rickenbacker
post Wed 14 Jan 2004, 15:51
Post #2

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,705

As long as the recording software you use on your Mac works with the Mac's built-in sound, I don't see why that wouldn't work. Your Mac would just accept the audio signal, no matter how complicated the equipment set-up it took to get it there. You might want to check this, though. If true, fine - you'll just be limited to 16-bit, 44.1KHz recordings.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 20 May 2024, 19:50
- © 440 Forums 2011