MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Wire My System, Mac G3 system with drum machine/Synth
jaru2
post Tue 6 May 2003, 02:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,350

If anyone has suggestions , I would love it!
Here is what I have
G3 OS 9.2.2
24/96 audio card with spdif i/o and MIDI i/o
Metro SE
Reason1.5
Recycle
Protools free
Roland JX-305
Korg ER-1

Now this is my problem. I am new to the world of midi and trying hard o figure this out. I have read a ton and am still confused.

I would like to be able to record my sytnh and drum machine into my MAc on seperate tracks for each instrument so I can go back and edit each sound individually. What is the best way for me to hook all this up and do that? I can get the synth into the mac, but can not hear it through my internal speakers. Do I need to hook up a external monitor? Also, I can not hear the drum machine when it is routed through the synth. Then I can not see how to get each of my instruments onto a seperate track unless I record one whole track with one insturment then go back and do the next and so on. How can I just record each item indiviually? or how is this normally done? thanks a bunch for any help here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
post Tue 6 May 2003, 10:01
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,003

Midi is NOT an audio interface! It is simply a "remote controll" for your synth, ect. You must make an audio connetion to the mac in order to hear your synth through the mac speakers. I would think something like a small mixer from Behringer will do the trick. I use the 20 track euro rack. Also in Metro you must make sure your set up right. In the controll panel, go to sound, choose sound in (or something like that), and put a check in the play through box. In Metro go to set up menu, choose digital audio, click on recording options, put a check in the play through box. Once you have accomplished that, come back and I'll go into multi midi tracking.

This post has been edited by kaboombahchuck: Tue 6 May 2003, 10:12

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 26 Apr 2024, 22:24
- © MacMusic 1997-2008