MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Us-122 Not Compatible W/ Tiger?, US122 not functioning after upgrade
eheilner
post Sat 2 Jul 2005, 20:24
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,208

After upgrading from Panther to Tiger, my US-122 stopped functioning. The USB light does not go on, and my computer does not find the US-122. I called up Tascam support; after being on hold for about an hour, they had me delete all US122 files, restart my computer, and re-install the 323 software. No luck. Tascam support told me that the problem must be with my computer running under Tiger, since (a) They have had no problems running under Tiger, and (b) the unit was working on my son's iBook running under Panther.

To verify that the problem was my computer, I upgraded my son's iBook to Tiger. However, once I installed Tiger on my son's laptop, the unit stopped functioning, and now the USB light does not go on when attached to my son's machine. So just to triple check, I installed the 323 software on my daughter's iBook, which is still running Panther. The USB light went on immediately!

Tascam support insists that there are no problems running under Tiger, yet I have reproduced the problem on two computers. All suggestions are welcome, but yes, I've tried switching cables, USB ports, etc, etc. If it matters, my computer is a four year old G4 (Silver CD Doors) running 10.4.1 and my son's laptop is a 4 year old G3 iBook Dual USB running vanilla 10.4.

Am I the only person experiencing this problem? I'm hoping to keep this unit, since it has been performing fine for a year and a half. But if it doesn't run under Tiger, then I shall have to replace it (and it won't be a Tascam product). Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 40)
chupacabras
post Wed 30 Nov 2005, 20:20
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 73,233

Hello.

You can add me to the list of Tascam hater's!!! Although I do not own the US-122 i own the US-224. I am having the exact same problem. I'm running a powerbook G4 and recently installed tiger. Everything worked fine with Panther but now I have the problem described earlier in this forum. Power light turns on but no USB light. Checked the uS-224 manager and it doesn't recognize the US-224. Uninstalled and Reinstalled about 5 times to no avail. I've also run disk reppair.....no luck. I've also emailed Tascam customer service, it's been about 2 weeks now and no response. I might try to take this hunk of plastic back and purchase something else but I don't know if it's too late or not....
Any new Idea's????
Oh i've also tried 3 different USB cables.
Tascam ..........BOOOOOOOOOOOOO angry.gif angry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 23 May 2024, 03:02
- © 440 Forums 2011