MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone Running One Of The 4 Channels Compressors?
Drifta
post Thu 16 Dec 2004, 16:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,642

Heya all,

I saw something on the web the other day that I thought was interesting. I'm sure they've been around for 1000 years but they're new to me. Several companies have a 4 channel 1U compressor available. How convenient! Have any you tried any of these or are any of you using one of these? I'd be very interested to know how you like it, how it behaves, and how well the basic functions of a compressor/limiter/gate are implemented in your particular unit.

cheers,
D
/°o(O)o°\
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
swilder
post Thu 16 Dec 2004, 17:30
Post #2

Member No.: 23,402

I think this kind of gear falls into you-get-what-you-pay-for. Presonus makes an eight channel compressor that's very good. I think it fits into 2 rack spaces. And then again, Alesis makes a 1 unit 2 channel compressor that is pretty lame. dbx makes a 1u 2 channell compressor that's pretty good and won't break the bank.

Scott

+Quote Post
Drifta
post Fri 17 Dec 2004, 17:06
Post #3

Member No.: 15,642

cool thanks swilder.

was at a show last night they had a rack of dbx compressors. i got to hear the mix that was going to disk and it sounded nice, real nice. i think i might grab the dbx piece.

cheers,
john

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 16 Apr 2024, 12:45
- © 440 Forums 2011