MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please Help, ProTools mac problem
evilchris
post Fri 7 Jan 2005, 20:43
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,004

I've been recording on my G4 Imac 1gHZ using my guitar and a drum machine running through the Mbox. Everything was kosher until I just recently bought Reakor and a midi(usb) keyboard. I am able to run both at the same time but I'm having serious trouble with it crashing and am only able to record 2 or three tracks at a time. Does anyone out there know if I can upgrade my processor or maybe I should get an external hardrive? I was also thinking about trying to network another computer. I'm lost. Any help would be a ppreciated. I running OSX and have 768RAM.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dkimchee
post Sat 8 Jan 2005, 00:33
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,133

Knowing I'm probably stepping on lots of toes, my advice is to dump Reaktor. I have "attempte" to use Reaktor Session since it came out over a year and a half ago. In spite of every upgrade NI makes, it never works,. If it comes up at all in ProTools, then I can usually only switch sounds three or four times before the software crashes, which means I have to restart Protools. Tech support is poor at best (the usual response is...gee, sorry.)

Don't base your studio on this software, nor upgrade because of it. It just isn't worth it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 22:42
- © MacMusic 1997-2008