MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Protools Le 6.4 Won't Start, DAR-error
Joacim
post Fri 16 Dec 2005, 18:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,602

I'm using PT 6.4 with CoreAudio 6.9. My OS is 10.3.9
Everytime i try to launch PT I get this error: The application "Pro Tools" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "1<ProTools_LE_OSX_Rel><ProTools_LE_OSX_Rel><DAE><>"
Also, I can't do the "HW Setup" in CoreAudio manager, 'cause the button is grey (disabled)
When I use iTunes, the sound comes out through the computer speakers, wich is fine by me, but still it seems something is "kidnapping" my CoreAudio so that PT can't use it...
Anybody have a remedy for this??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ronaldl
post Sat 17 Dec 2005, 01:21
Post #2

Member No.: 12,933

Some observations:

1) OS 10.3.9 has been a problematic update. After reading about all the difficulties some people had after updating to 10.3.9 I decided to stick with 10.3.8 and I've had no problems with PT 6.9.

2) Digidesign states on their website that 10.3.9 has not been fully tested and is therefore not recommended.

3) Also on their website: the most recent OS that PT 6.4 is supported on is 10.3.5.

In light of the above, you might want to consider upgrading to PT 6.9 or downgrading your OS to 10.3.5, whichever would work best for you. If neither of these are viable options for you, perhaps somebody else experiencing similar problems will have gotten lucky and may have a solution for you.

+Quote Post
banevt
post Sat 17 Dec 2005, 23:13
Post #3

Member No.: 28,332

I think you should try using the core audio driver for 6.4 instead of the 6.9 driver before you do any Pro Tools or OS up/down grading. The issues you are describing seem to make me think it's an issue with your core audio driver. Since it is much easier and less of a hassle to do I think you should try it first. I seem to remember having to wait for Pro Tools to upgrade the firmware on my MBox and Digi 002 when I upgraded to 6.7. I don't think it asks you to upgrade the firmware with just the core audio driver.

This post has been edited by banevt: Sat 17 Dec 2005, 23:16

+Quote Post
dangt
post Tue 10 Jan 2006, 01:39
Post #4

Rookie

Member No.: 23,835

Dont use itunes and protools at the same time, i have always had problems with these two apps together.

Try opening up protools when all other apps are closed.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 13:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008