MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Metro 6 Actually Shipping As Upgrade, They sure know how to keep a secret...
Levon River
post Thu 6 Mar 2003, 10:25
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,734

QUOTE (garysome1 @ Feb 27 2003, 00:59)
Are you using OS9/OMS?

No, garysome1, I'm a die-hard Xer. I'd rather go to my mother-in-law's than go into 9.2.x laugh.gif

That's how I wound up working with Metro in the first place; I've been porting over sessions from DP (which I used in 9), since "Mark of the Unicorn" turned out, in OS X, to be "Mark of the Swayback Jackass with Party Horn on Head." biggrin.gif

I know what you mean about having "Instruments" reflect the MIDI set-up, and Metro is X-smart in that category, but it's rarely what I want in a session. I don't mean to reflect badly on Metro at all; I'm one of its ardent cheerleaders. I just think its GUI could be made a lot more intuitive, and the audio part streamlined so an audio channel is an audio channel, and not a doily that you put over your lamp and then carry into the kitchen and plug into the blender. If you get my drift. wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Levon River
post Thu 6 Mar 2003, 10:35
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,734

QUOTE (BusError @ Feb 27 2003, 17:33)
BTW I'm not in rather close contact with Jeremy, who does Metro. I've helped him some on various OSX development specifics, and he already released a new LE and has a new 6.05 non-LE on ASAP.

I take it you meant "now in rather close contact"? huh.gif blink.gif laugh.gif

That's great news! One thing I'll mention that would be awful nice is some GUI definition to some of the drop menus that right now appear just as text in, e.g., the graphic editor. You can't tell the difference between what is just informational text and what is hiding a clickable drop menu huh.gif

That is *so* OS 7. biggrin.gif

Little touches like that I think would go a long way toward making the program much more user friendly. Of course, I'm not a programmer, so all this is easy for *me* to *say*....

tongue.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Levon River: Thu 6 Mar 2003, 10:35
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 20:14
- © MacMusic 1997-2008