MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sp-505 Or Akai Sampler?, looking for advice on set up...
Angel Mcfood
post Tue 14 Dec 2004, 01:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,376

Hi, i'm pretty new to the world of digital audio, especailly hardware and i could really use some advice from some experienced peoples. So sorry if if this is a loaded question---i'm kinda confused here. Wish i could afford an MPC2000, but can't. So i'm trying to create a something where i can do simular things (slice beatz, resampling, record my performance to Cubase) . I have been saving $$$ and want to make a GOOD descision!!!! PLease help me make a good descision!!!!

The SP-505 : Anyone have this thing? From what i understand the SP-505' samples don't respond to velocity sensitivity (i guess this means the SP-505 has no velocity layers??), but they can send out velocity data via midi. This is confusing!! Does this mean you use the SP-505 to control another sampler that has velocity layers? but just not the 505 itself?

I am about to buy a Korg MicroKontroller and it has sixteen pads on it. Would i be better off buying one of the Akai S-series samplers and just use the Korg to controll it? Any suggestions on which S-series would do these things (and not cost an arm and a leg?). Any suggestions would be awesome!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 00:10
- © 440 Forums 2011