MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Roland S-760 And Mac Connectivity, Storing S-760 files to Mac
Firstgarden
post Sun 5 Sep 2004, 05:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,258

Hi All - Is anyone out there using a Roland S-760 (or S series sampler) with Mac to store files? I did try searching the forum, and found little on the subject. I have both a G4 with USB and Firewire, and a Quadra, Centris, & Performa with SCSI connections. (You might say I like Macs).

I tried downloading the S-760 drivers from the Roland website into my G4 and could not get it to open. Does anyone have any suggestions for software and interfaces? I really don't care if it is OSX or OS9. I have Galaxy, but I don't think that has S-760 driver support.

Any suggestions, anyone please?!!

P.S. I hear it is very hard to get an external SCSI CDROM drive these days. I am looking for an inexpensive way to get into good sample libraries, and I haven't bought an S-760 yet, though there's plenty out there used. I hear that they have exceptional filters. Maybe I should consider something from Akai or elsewhere.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FinnB
post Sun 5 Sep 2004, 12:50
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,907

I used to do this with a 7500 Mac. There was a SCSI chain between the Mac, my S760, a HD and a CD-ROM. I even had a S-VHS connection that made it possible to operate the sampler on-screen on the Mac. All in perfect harmony . smile.gif
See if you can find the software "Transfer Station". It allows you to transfer sounds between your Mac and a SCSI-sampler.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 02:26
- © 440 Forums 2011