MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Got a G4/400, Where can I go from this?
azkid
post Sat 4 Aug 2007, 15:14
Post #11

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 85,612

QUOTE (jce44 @ Mon 15 May 2006, 18:04) *
JakePeake, You'll see my posts on this subject 'cause I have a Mac G4 AGP graphics with a 400 MHz processer also. I've put 512 Mb in all 4 RAM slots to max it out. I've also studiied the processor upgrade for the last 18 months on xlr8yourmac. The prices have dropped dramatically in that timeframe. I decided on a Sonnet 1.8GHz. Sonnet because they've had the least complaints on all of the reviews, (and I know their company's reputation from past carreer experience), and 1.8 MHz because it was the fastest.

Problem is, I've put 2 of them in now, and can't get one to work well. I am SO hoping that it's just a case of "Murphy's Law" and something karmically wrong where I live? (I've payed my dues now karma, let me be!)

But I really MUST say that returning the 2 CPU upgrades, and Sonnet support, has been one of THE BEST, bad experiences I've had in these troubling times! I'm hoping the "3rd time's a charm" works well and that the flubs were a fluke!

If you read through all of xlr8yourmac reviews on the G4 processor upgrades, Sonnet wins out. Virtually no complaints. And this website DOES have a little info on AUDIO.

I'm gonna keep you posted on the next (3rd) install. Sonnet told me that they would not send another one without knowing exactly what was wrong with the last on, and testing the new one before they sent it.

BTW (-Cornutt, the games in OS 9 will not run in OSX. I'm not sure what you mean when you ask if they'll run in Classic?

I've had to change my account name here, but this was my original post, and I never got back to it to provide the info on my 3rd Sonnet 1.8Ghz install... from a year ago.

It's worked like a charm, no problems in a year's worth of constant, hard work. I'd still recommend Sonnet CPU upgrades and their support staff and return policies are the best ever! And xlr8yourmac.com is the best place to research your most current options for upgrades!

--------------------
Don't take any noise for granted. With a little rythym, it could be music.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JakePeake
post Sat 4 Aug 2007, 18:50
Post #12

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,674

What's Up azkid, thanks for replying, I'm glad the cpu upgrade's working. I'm a little concerned about my front side bus speed slowing down things; It's only 100 mhz. From what I've read this makes a difference.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 16 Apr 2024, 20:59
- © MacMusic 1997-2008