MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Computer Transfer Of Midi Data... Need To Record It With My Emac!, Power Mac's Pro 4 MIDI data midi out to eMac, want to record it
Cyanaether22
post Sat 21 Feb 2009, 01:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106,777

Hey, I am trying an interesting experiment with my Power Mac 6100/60 and my eMac G4.

Basically, I have a whole bunch of MIDI files generated by Master Tracks Pro 4 from ages ago, these files are on my Power Mac. Unfortunately I don't have a MIDI compatible with my power mac, so what I've done is wired my Power Mac and eMac together using MIDI cables and adapters.

The eMac is receiving the data in its MIDI IN (MIDI Monitor shows this, I can show the logs if necessary), but I need some method of recording this data to a MIDI Recorder or Sequencer program.

What software should I use on my eMac to record this incoming midi data? I've tried a bunch of programs but none of them are what I need. GarageBand was my first idea but it says "MIDI drivers are conflicting" and won't load at all.

Any tips at all would be helpful. biggrin.gif Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Macintop
post Tue 24 Feb 2009, 11:57
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 89,209

Thanks Dad, hihi

Hi Peace,

Thanks for the reply but I was replying to a post from Cyanaether22 and it seems to be solved.
But no problem and again thanks for taking the time to reply.

GreetZ
MacInTop

QUOTE (deaconblue @ Tue 24 Feb 2009, 11:46) *
Hey Macintop,

Sorry for coming late to the discussion. Sounds like you need to get an AAUI adapter. This will get you ethernet ready and a hub or other LAN connection will allow both of the Macs to talk to each other.

peace.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 22:03
- © MacMusic 1997-2008