MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Mastering Ideas?
kundama
post Tue 12 Oct 2004, 13:51
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,100

hi all new to the forum so i thought i'd start with an easy one :-)

i've been writing tunes for a while now, and always get to the same stage in the prossess before encountering problems...Mastering.

getting the compositional elements right isn't a problem (well it is it just takes a lot of time but when i come to bouncing down my tunes and compare them to oh i don't know some one like prefuse 73, the quality of sound is different. They always seem to be able to get it that little bit louder than me. Obviously they've got all that fancy equipment, but i'm sure it's just a question of time again, and knowing the right steps to take.

at the moment when bouncing down i simply make sure all the volumes are right, nothing is clipping, the panning is nicely spread and there is't too much frequency intrerferance, (everything has its own space) idon't use any compression, or effects, (just a bit of limiter) because i want to keep the dynamic range. iwas wondering if anyone had any tips for me, coz iwant to put up a websight with all mi tunes on , but none of them really feel finnished, ya know.

wicked well if any one has any tips let me know
thaks for your time

take it easy
kundy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
pdgood
post Thu 2 Dec 2004, 19:16
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,758

I would also like to hear someone comment on limiter brands and what it is exactly that L3 does that L2 does not etc. I've been using the Apple limiter with great success since I discovered the price of the L3 was beyond me. How does one shop for a limiter? What are the differences between a good one and one that is not so good?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 2 May 2024, 12:33
- © 440 Forums 2011