MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who’s Interface Will Keep Me Happy?, compatible, reliable, interface
soundpie
post Mon 8 Nov 2004, 00:06
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,751

terrywil,

Again, congratulations. You seem to have found a device in which you are truly satisfied. Delving deeper into the MOTU website I see a company that appears to support and update their products, they even offer some online tech support. It sounds like you are a loyal, grateful customer and not a bad spokesman. You have put me back on the road towards the MOTU 828MKII. But I am patient and cautious, and would like to hear more from contented MOTU customers. I would still appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheKid
post Mon 8 Nov 2004, 07:53
Post #12

Member No.: 44,787

Not sure how long this price is good but I found this on Amazon. $699 is best I've seen.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...uments&v=glance

later -- Jeff

+Quote Post
ourmanflinty
post Tue 9 Nov 2004, 16:58
Post #13

Member No.: 48,982

Go for a digidesign mbox or 002...that way you get PT s/w too mm lovely digi PT editing, Logic will use it no problem, no midi though...mbox has mic pre n phantom n usb n headphone o/p but only two channels. I like the logic 6/2 too, midi and audio all in sexy blue plastic with usb and no extra power leads...but it's on phono plugs which can be a cabling nightmare if you don't know what you are doing. Edirol ( roland ) do some useful interfaces as well, or go for one of the new breed of mini midi keyboard audio interface midi controller whizz bang do it alls with toy keys on like a korg. They're good.

--------------------
Simon Flinn
Install & Support Eng, Maintenance, Analog & Digi Electronics
Dist/Dlr background, Fast & Friendly, London & SE Based.
freelance studio support click here

+Quote Post
formatj
post Wed 10 Nov 2004, 06:23
Post #14

Group Icon

Group: Team
Member No.: 5,658

I would not choose Mbox or Digi 002. They will both work great with ProTools but there are many people who have problems with the Digidesign Core Audio driver which is used by Logic, Cubase, Performer etc... There are also limitations with the core audio driver.
You can read about the Digidesign Core Audio driver here.
Also the minimum buffer setting for the Mbox is only 512
Even ProTools' very expensive HTDM system is very unreliable and buggy with Logic in OS X.

Do a search for 002 or Mbox on the Logic Users Group and you will find some very unhappy users of Digidesign products with Logic.

I would recommend RME Fireface (if you want to spend that much) or a MOTU 828MKII because it just works! It doesn't sound as good as the fireface though.

+Quote Post
soundpie
post Thu 11 Nov 2004, 17:34
Post #15

Member No.: 53,751

Still appreciative of all the suggestions. I am still not completely sold on any one firewire interface. Here’s a Pro Logic forum that’s useful on the firewire interface topic. Best FireWire Interface?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 14 May 2024, 05:03
- © MacMusic 1997-2008