MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Decent Keyboard Controller, at a decent price
Clinton
post Wed 5 Nov 2003, 21:36
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,411

OK, trolling for opinions here, but what does everyone think is the best budget MIDI keyboard controller?

thanks

CCC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
boze
post Sat 28 Feb 2004, 16:41
Post #2

Member No.: 24,676

i think a sweet spot for value has to be the Edirol PCR-30. Its sticker price is $199us but GuitarCenter will come down to like $160 if you lean on them, and for that money you get something like 32 fullsize vel sens keys, plus 8 sliders and 8 knobs and a pitch shift thingy. having a compliment of different controls like that for such little cash is well worth it. sure you could get a plain kbd for <$100us but believe me: knobs and sliders are great to have around and you'd definitely get good use out of them. kbds like that one also have templates for common instruments and daws as well...

here's the PCR-30

--------------------
Kit: Dual Ghz G4, Vaio 2.6ghz GRV670 notebook. Software: Reaktor, Reason, Ableton Live. Leanings: Laptop performance, jazz guitar, singing.

+Quote Post
ernene
post Sun 29 Feb 2004, 12:23
Post #3

Member No.: 30,190

check "gear4music"(UK), search it on the web and check... have great prices, and expedition doesn't cost too much, it still will be cheaper than many others... and the keyboard arrives sooner than U'll expect... At least that happend to me with mine, less than one week and it was on my hands (UK to Italy)... see wich one is better 4 U...
Good luck

+Quote Post
ernene
post Sun 29 Feb 2004, 12:27
Post #4

Member No.: 30,190

150 euros with expedition, 4 octaves, 8 controllers, that was what I've paid... and was reasonable, even cheap after searching on the web, and going to every store here and around...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 5 May 2024, 05:47
- © MacMusic 1997-2008