MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Griffin Usb Imic, G4 Powerbook, Os 9, & Dp 3, How do I get the iMic to work with DP 3?
crystal
post Mon 23 Feb 2004, 01:08
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,541

Hi Music Friends,

I’m a real Newbie on here and would really appreciate your help!!

Here’s a rundown on what I’m doing or trying to do.

I compose all my music in Band-In-A-Box 11 and then save it as a midi file. Then I open the midi file in Digital Performer 3 and only use QuickTime Musical Instruments for playback. While listening to my midi file I then record in my 4 vocals -- one track at a time.

I’m learning Digital Performer 3 running in Mac OS 9 on my G4 1Ghz PowerBook. Since I’m only recording one vocal track at a time (while listening to the midi file), then listening to that track and recording another track, and then listening to the 2 tracks and recording another track etc., etc., I only need one mic and so only needed a very simple USB audio interface that I could plug my mic into since I’m doing all my mixing inside of Digital Performer.

Because of my minimal needs, I recently purchased the Griffin USB iMic Audio Adaptor but am having problems using it with Digital Performer 3.0. I’ve had the iMic too long to return it so it looks like I’m stuck with it.

I did read something about downloading an ASIO Driver and an iMic Control 1.3 panel. Does anyone know if this would work with Digital Performer 3? I’m still in OS 9.

If some of you would be willing to impart your wisdom in helping me use the iMic I would really appreciate it! Right now the only way for me to get audio in is to listen to my midi file using my headphones while singing into the little built-in mic holes in the Powerbook. This is a real pain -- not to mention how funny it looks! biggrin.gif

Eagerly looking forward to any help you might offer. . .

Thank you in advance.

Crystal smile.gif
brmidi@aol.com

This post has been edited by crystal: Mon 23 Feb 2004, 01:19
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 23 Apr 2024, 19:45
- © MacMusic 1997-2008