MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do I Convert Two Mono Tracks To A Stereo Track?
LoganV
post Sat 12 May 2007, 22:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,124

I have Pro Tools 7.1 and I have two guitar tracks that I want to convert into a stereo track. I have looked and looked and for the life of me I can't figure out how to change do it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zeze
post Sun 13 May 2007, 07:35
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 6,502

Hello,
you have 2 options;
first create a stereo track, then select and drag both mono tracks onto the stereo one, and you're done;

second, you can bounce the 2 mono tracks into a stereo one;
go to FILE/BOUNCE TO DISK and in the Format field choose STEREO INTERLEAVED.

+Quote Post
aireckzoser
post Sun 13 May 2007, 07:56
Post #3

Member No.: 54,336

Bus 1-2 out Then Create a stereo Track and bus input 1&2 engage record on the stereo track and copy in real time, and there you have it.

Bus out 1 on one track and 2 on the other track, Then Bus in 1&2 on the stereo Track.

+Quote Post
aportman
post Sun 13 May 2007, 08:03
Post #4

Rookie

Member No.: 72,457

QUOTE (LoganV @ Sat 12 May 2007, 21:34) *
I have Pro Tools 7.1 and I have two guitar tracks that I want to convert into a stereo track. I have looked and looked and for the life of me I can't figure out how to change do it.

Are your guitar tracks already tracked 2 seperate mono tracks. If yes, and you are wanting them converted onto a single stereo track that best way is to export as single wav or aiff files, create an interleaved stereo track and then iimport them back into the stereo interleaved track.

Another route if you have 2 differenent devices, is to track the 2 individual guitar tracks in "real" time to the other device, which would be set-up in stereo. This would just as though though you were tracking anything in stereo, but would essentially just be dumping it from one daw to the other. This is the way I convert those stubborn AACC files that want allow to do nothing with them.

Good Look!

Allen
Houston, Texas

+Quote Post
Jim Hoyland
post Sun 13 May 2007, 12:22
Post #5

Member No.: 81,499

The easiest way is to make sure that both tracks are assigned to a pair of mono outputs and panned to the desired position in the resulting stereo field. Making sure that any other tracks in the arrangement are muted, go to File > Bounce to > Disk. Select the appropriate file format, sample rate and bit depth, and choose "Stereo Interleaved" as the file type. If you want to bring the resulting file back into PT, click the option to import back into the session. Then click Save and choose a save location.

Hopefully you're aware that ProTools doesn't actually handle stereo files for editing, so that when importing such files to tracks, a pair of mono files is created for left and right.

If you merely want to treat the two mono files as stereo within PT, you should be able to create a new stereo track and drag and drop the mono files from the region list into position in the edit window. This will only cause problems if the files are of unequal length or need to be edited differently at some future date.

Hope this fixes things for you!

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 12:53
- © MacMusic 1997-2008