MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How I Can Record A Pitch Change?, (this is not a solution its a question!)
laurallopart
post Sun 17 Oct 2010, 14:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 115,576

Somebody can help me?
I want to record a pitch change, like if i will manipulate it manualy the pitch of an instrument. I don't know as to do it!...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
post Mon 18 Oct 2010, 04:38
Post #2

Member No.: 88,124

most synths use CONTROL CHANGE messages to change pitch, as a pitch bend. your keyboard may have a wheel or joy stick on the left that transmits controller messages. the two common messages are MODULATION and PITCH. try playing a note, and wiggling those wheels at the same time, you'll get it.

if you've recorded a track with midi notes, it's possible to overdub pitch change controller data over the top. every sequencer handles this a bit differently, but basically, after you've recorded a second pass, you'll see a note lane, and some controller data, either parallel or overlaid. the pitch bend data may be edited separately from the note data.

for more specific help, we'd have to know which synth, keyboard, and sequencer you're using.

good luck! don't be afraid to just try something, it's not brain surgery.

+Quote Post
jimdubpram
post Mon 18 Oct 2010, 22:14
Post #3

Member No.: 55,837

In GarageBand double click your recorded track. The editor opens below. Use the slider to change pitch plus or minus 12 semitones for audio, 36 semitones for midi.

--------------------

+Quote Post
laurallopart
post Tue 19 Oct 2010, 18:55
Post #4

Member No.: 115,576

I don't have a sinte I have a keyboard with midi out. I want to transformate the notes (her pich) that I recorded with it that then I transformated it with a MIDI instrument of garageband, and finaly I want to record his pich transition. I want to record the pich change.
I don't know if I explain

Thanks!!!

QUOTE (houstonmusic @ Mon 18 Oct 2010, 05:38) *
most synths use CONTROL CHANGE messages to change pitch, as a pitch bend. your keyboard may have a wheel or joy stick on the left that transmits controller messages. the two common messages are MODULATION and PITCH. try playing a note, and wiggling those wheels at the same time, you'll get it.

if you've recorded a track with midi notes, it's possible to overdub pitch change controller data over the top. every sequencer handles this a bit differently, but basically, after you've recorded a second pass, you'll see a note lane, and some controller data, either parallel or overlaid. the pitch bend data may be edited separately from the note data.

for more specific help, we'd have to know which synth, keyboard, and sequencer you're using.

good luck! don't be afraid to just try something, it's not brain surgery.

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
post Wed 20 Oct 2010, 15:54
Post #5

Member No.: 88,124

i wish i could help more. unfortunately, i don't quite understand you. there is a french forum here, perhaps that would be better.
i do recommend asking help with garageband from an experienced teacher in your town. i believe you need to see someone doing this, and then you'll understand.
good luck, and keep making music.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:13
- © MacMusic 1997-2008