MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Macmusic, The End Of The Adventure
lepetitmartien
post Thu 19 Dec 2002, 03:04
Post #31

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Sorry Xingu, but it's mandatory then sad.gif
(always remember I'm French/Swiss blink.gif and "voluntary" is pure French in English and doesn't mean the same thing at all : it was meant as "the minimum would be 60 but in the figure that all the site was still available for free for all, so some would pay for all", we are working on other possibilities anyway smile.gif

anyway, the polls are here to give us an idea of the result. It has worked a bit better on the French side (more than 180 votes there), I'm sure the English forum can do better biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif

But even if the poll is not perfect as is, the more people answer, the better we can figure out. But in no ways it is the end of all, we are still working on it and thinking of other ways.

btw, on saturday I go away from Paris, up in my swiss mountains and won't be able to connect and answer. Back the 3rd of january. So don't be fooled if I disappear wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xingu
post Thu 19 Dec 2002, 04:06
Post #32

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,217

I stand corrected. Sorry for acting like a know-it-all biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 19 Dec 2002, 04:34
Post #33

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

No arm done laugh.gif
(I can be a real smart ass when I want to too wink.gif
the important is that we can be understood rolleyes.gif

[OT]
btw, if I'd go to sleep blink.gif
[/OT]

cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
_Brad Brighton_
post Fri 20 Dec 2002, 22:44
Post #34

Visitors

We also would like to talk further to the MacMusic crew about the possibilities of helping the site.

I've sent previous emails (and one just today)... I would encourage the MM folks to take a look and see what the best solution for them will be.

-brad

Brad Brighton, CEO, NMR Media, LLC, publishers of MacEdition

+Quote Post
_Mark K_
post Thu 26 Dec 2002, 04:42
Post #35

Visitors

I'm a recent visitor to MacMusic for the first time after flirting with the use of my Mac for audio recording for quite some time.

I'm sad to see that it is struggling now that I seem to have found the very site I want!

I agree with the person who suggested MacAddict as a source and with PayPal donation ability.

I think the Mac is an an interesting path right now with Apple's acquisition of Emagic (Do I hear "iCompose" anywhere?) and other developments including a very strong presence of music related stories on the Apple website. I wish you all the luck to be around for the revolution (if there is going to be one)

Mark

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 4 Jan 2003, 01:30
Post #36

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Happy Near Yew everyone! smile.gif

Latest news from the FR side of the site is some overheated members are calling to make a CD as a mean of raising money and help and are actually searching tunes for it (benefits go for the site).

If you're interested to join create a new thread (go on work a bit wink.gif create that thing) ask for to Mr.T who is involved and can answer you in EN, or if want to start the project on the EN side autonomously (i.e. for North America… so that postage can be kept low for everyone).

more to come smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Presto
post Tue 7 Jan 2003, 23:05
Post #37

Maniac Member

Member No.: 3,984

Just back - great idea! I'm working on a song for the French CD. Hehe! My style is probably not usual, but then again I hope all the songs on it are quite different. Fuuuuuun!

I'm looking forward to hearing everybody's style.

This post has been edited by Presto: Tue 7 Jan 2003, 23:09

--------------------
Without shit, we wouldn't be here ;)

+Quote Post
_Rimmer_
post Mon 13 Jan 2003, 13:10
Post #38

Visitors

I have been a regular contributor to the Hitsquad forums for some time. I know they had some serious issues more recently which they have managed to turn around. Might be worth a chat with the CEO there as he could have some ideas that haven't been considered.

Best of luck, really

Rimmer

+Quote Post
FUNKSTICK
post Tue 14 Jan 2003, 07:04
Post #39

Member No.: 10,615

In reply to the End of MacMusic; NOOooooooooooo. I just realized you guys existed!! Since it appears you have quite a large audience, why not ask for some donations? Exactly HOW MUCH do you guys need to keep runnin'? I'm no millionaire or even a hundredaire (heh heh) for that matter but maybe you could charge registered members a lil' something or just ask for donations to keep you going. As long as we were sure it was to keep you online and not to line peoples pockets excessively, I'm pretty sure you could finance yourself off "... the kindness of strangers." Howzabout that...? As if you didn't already consider it. Get it set up with Pay Pal, Visa, Mastercard and have a way for people to mail you guys money orders and the like. If you have 100 users then figure out your costs across 20 of them (to be semi realistic) actually sending you cash in some form. You already thought of this or someone has I'm sure but lemme know what you came up with anyhoo.

+Quote Post
FUNKSTICK
post Tue 14 Jan 2003, 07:28
Post #40

Member No.: 10,615

Alright Already,

Before anybody gives me the gasface for not reading all the replies you had up to now, let me offer my apologies for just writing off the top of my head.

Of course, as I thought, you have had tons of great ideas thrown at you. Apparently the $60 donation isn't going over too well but it sure sounds good to me. I'd gladly send you guys that to help out... BUT...

The other ideas about getting the software people and other Mac sites to help you financially is great! Where are the banner ads for those programs we all know and love (to hate) Why doesn't this help finance you. They have the money and you have the audience. Thats a marriage made in Netven.

And that site ambitiouslemon.com says they'll do it free and all our talk right now is basically amounting to nothing then huh? Let me know.

I, for one, think its great how many people actually care to give ideas and help to you guys. It shows how much people need you. Keep the funk alive.

Me ; }

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 15:41
- © 440 Forums 2011