MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Y Those Three Guys Out There Have Been Running Balls
hfy962464
post Thu 23 Aug 2018, 06:45
Post #1

Group: Banned
Member No.: 125,967

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Nelson Cruz fit right back in with the Texas Rangers after completing his 50-game drug suspension. Authentic Kylie Fitts Jersey . The All-Star slugger was reinstated from the restricted list Monday by the Rangers, who immediately put him in their lineup. Cruz batted sixth as the designated hitter for the AL wild-card tiebreaker game against Tampa Bay. "I feel really confident right now," Cruz said before the game. "Im going to enjoy this moment. Happy to be back. Happy to be with my teammates. Its a blessing to see the reception they gave me." Cruz got a warm ovation from Rangers fans when he was introduced before the game, and again when he came to bat for the first time in the second inning. After swinging late on a couple of fastballs from David Price, Cruz lined out to first base. It was the first major league game for Cruz since Aug. 4. That was the day before his suspension stemming from Major League Baseballs investigation of the Biogenesis anti-aging clinic, accused of distributing banned performance-enhancing drugs. Cruz was among 14 players disciplined by MLB this year in the Biogenesis case. Only Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez appealed his suspension. The return of Cruz came eight weeks to the day he was suspended. He has acknowledged publicly that he made "an error in judgment" in the wake of a gastrointestinal infection that wasnt properly diagnosed over a few months before he reported to spring training in 2012. Cruz lost 40 pounds during that time. He has never offered more specifics. After serving his penalty, Cruz is ready to move forward and focus on the field. "I think Ive been doing a pretty good job," he said. "Whatever is going outside of baseball, just keep it outside." Cruz seemed at ease during batting practice, when he hit a few balls over the walls in a session he described as being "OK. It wasnt like great." He was planning to take more cuts in the indoor batting cage. Rays manager Joe Maddon expressed no issue with Cruz being eligible. "My job is to get my players ready. Hes served his punishment, and hes eligible to play. I cant worry about that. I spend most of my energy on things like the bullpen," Maddon said. "We just played A-Rod at home." Texas designated outfielder Joey Butler for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster. The Rangers won their last seven scheduled games of the regular season and needed every one of those victories to force the first wild-card tiebreaker in the majors since 2007. A 163rd regular-season game provided a chance for the return of Cruz. Before flying to Texas on Saturday night, he had been playing games against mostly minor leaguers and prospects in the Arizona Instructional League. Cruz finished 9 for 27 with five doubles, a homer and nine RBIs in eight games in Arizona. Once Cruz told manager Ron Washington that he felt good and was loose, the slugger was back in the lineup. "He said he was ready to go. I didnt talk to anyone in (Arizona). I know Nelson Cruz," Washington said. "If you throw something in the wrong spot, I expect to jump up and down. ... Its the threat, its the presence, its what he does for everybody else just being in that lineup." General manager Jon Daniels said Cruz kept himself ready to play "as good as you can." Daniels said the at-bats got batter during that time and that Cruz was swinging the bat well. "All along, we knew were probably a better club with him available," Daniels said. The Rangers were 29-21 without Cruz, who hit .269 with 27 homers and 76 RBIs in 108 games before his suspension. Washington opted to have Cruz as the designated hitter for his return rather than put him in the outfield. The Rangers stuck with hot-hitting Craig Gentry in left, Leonys Martin in centre and Alex Rios in right. Rios was acquired from the Chicago White Sox four days after Cruz was suspended. "The way those three guys out there have been running balls down, Im not changing that right now," Washington said. "Well use Nelsons bat, and his threat." Authentic Bilal Nichols Jersey . In this weeks Leaf Report podcast, James Mirtle and Jonas Siegel debate whether Toronto can continue their shootout dominance and discuss what Dave Nonis game plan should be heading into the trade deadline. Authentic Javon Wims Jersey . on the 15-day disabled Monday list because of a strained right hamstring. http://www.cheapbearsjerseysauthentic.com/ . Altidore strained his left hamstring in the Americans opener against Ghana on June 16 and didnt play in their next two games. "We dont know how much because we need to see how hes going, but hes available," U. PHILADELPHIA -- The Portland Trail Blazers nearly shot their way into the NBA record book. LaMarcus Aldridge had 20 points and 16 rebounds, Nicolas Batum added 17 points and the Trail Blazers set a franchise record for 3-pointers with 21 in their 139-105 victory over the skidding Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night. Damian Lillard scored 16 and Dorell Wright had 15 on 5-for-5 shooting from beyond the arc. Wesley Matthews added 14 points for the Northwest Division leaders, who won their third in a row and improved to 20-4. They became the second NBA team to reach 20 wins, joining the Indiana Pacers (20-3). "Everyone is taking shots with confidence," Wright said. "It doesnt surprise me when guys are making shots like that because we have a lot of great shooters." Mo Williams also had 14 points, Robin Lopez 12 and Thomas Robinson 10 for Portland, which put eight players in double figures and moved to 10-2 on the road. The Trail Blazers broke their club record for 3-pointers for the second time in eight days after hitting 17 against Utah on Dec. 6. In the process, they racked up 139 points, the most by any team in the league this season. The Los Angeles Clippers scored 137 against the Houston Rockets on Nov. 4. Portland fell two 3-pointers shy of the NBA mark for a game. "I know we made a lot of 3s and it was all in the flow of the game," Lillard said. "Guys made good plays to get guys looks and weve got good shooters." Tony Wroten led the reeling Sixers with 18 points and Hollis Thompson had 17. Spencer Hawes added 16, Thaddeus Young had 15 and James Anderson 14. Playing once again without rookie point guard Michael Carter-Williams, the Sixers have dropped six straight and 10 of the last 11 games. Carter-Williams sat out for the sixth consecutive game because of a skin infection on his right knee. TThe Sixers are 1-9 without Carter-Williams, the Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month for October and November. Authentic James Daniels Jersey. "I want to leave it far behind -- really, really far behind," 76ers coach Brett Brown said of the loss. Portland broke open a close game with some stellar shooting, especially from beyond the arc. The Trail Blazers hit 11 of their first 20 tries from 3-point range and were 18 for 32 by the end of the third quarter for a 111-79 lead. Wright hit No. 18 to break the team record as the third-quarter buzzer sounded. "This is one of those games where they were making all their shots and all we can do sometimes is throw our hands up," Young said. "Its like, What else is there to do?" It was the latest record-setting performance for the streaking Blazers. In their previous game two nights ago, a 111-104 victory over Houston, Aldridge posted the first 30-point, 25-rebound game in franchise history. This time, the Trail Blazers didnt need nearly as much from Aldridge with such a balanced effort up and down the lineup. "Weve got good shooters," coach Terry Stotts said. "They have a track record of being good shooters." The Sixers never posed a serious threat in the fourth. The Blazers led by as many as seven points in the first half and wound up with a 71-64 advantage heading into the locker room. NOTES: Wroten was whistled for a technical foul with 8:36 remaining in the third quarter. ... The 71 points allowed in the first marked the most given up by the Sixers in any half this season. ... Aldridge had a double-double for the fifth time in the last six games. ... Sixers C Daniel Orton and Trail Blazers C Meyers Leonard got tangled up on the floor and both were ejected with 7:19 left. ... Former Philadelphia Eagles running back Brian Westbrook attended the game. Cheap Heat Jerseys Cheap Bucks Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Cheap 76ers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Sacramento Kings Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys Cheap Raptors Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Wizards Jerseys ' ' '
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:26
- © 440 Forums 2011