MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M-Audio updates 3 drivers, Computer Hardware
_news_
post Mon 28 Feb 2005, 16:55
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

M-Audio updates 3 drivers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
carsten
post Mon 28 Feb 2005, 16:55
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,738

I have sent the following message to M-Audio Support based on spending 1/2 day trying to get back to notmal after updating. The bottom-line is that it may be a good idea to remove "MAudioFireWireMIDI.plugin" and not use 410 Midi if you experience problems:

"There has always been compatibility problems with Firewire 410 and I am quite unhappy with this. It can not function properly with my LaCie FW 800 HD as well as w. iSight (but that is not the problem reported here) and w. Midi on Mackie Universal. Now after installing the 410 driver update my Midi did not work at all. Audio Midi setup utility for MacOS crashed. After 1/2 day of trouble-spotting I managed to work out that the cause was the "MAudioFireWireMIDI.plugin". As soon as I removed it, Midi worked again. Please inform others (if you do not know how to solve the problem) so they will not have to waste time on it. Midi in FW 410 has caused problems throughout for me"

+Quote Post
tolo63
post Mon 28 Feb 2005, 20:38
Post #3

Member No.: 28,572

Apart of the problems, anything good about the drivers ? Latency ? I had many problems with latency with the 410 using Guitar Rig, minimum allowed without interference was 19ms.......

+Quote Post
sethjacquay
post Wed 30 Mar 2005, 14:55
Post #4

Member No.: 35,039

I am having the exact same issue. My midi is dead after the driver update.
I will let everyone know if this same solution works for me.

Thank you, Carsten...your hard work is much appreciated and hopefully
will save many of us FW410 users hours of troubleshooting.

--------------------
Ableton Live 4.1
Reason 3
Mac OS 10.3.8
G5 Dual 1.8 Ghz 2 GB RAM 160 HD
EzQuest 120 GB 7200 Firewire HD
EzQuest 200 GB 7200 Firewire HD - Pro Audio
M-Audio Firewire 410 (driver 1.4.3)
Behringer B1 Microphone (2x)
Behringer HPS3000 Headphones
Yamaha DX-11 going through a MidiMate XP (Midi to USB adapter)

+Quote Post
borjam
post Wed 30 Mar 2005, 15:12
Post #5

Member No.: 43,979

The Apple MIDI configuration seems to be confused when you change the driver. If you follow this ritual when upgrading M-Audio drivers (I do this to update the FW 410) you won't have problems.

1 - Uninstall the FW 410 driver and reboot.

2 - Open the Audio/MIDI preferences, go to the MIDI config and remove the Firewire 410 device.

3 - Install the new driver and reboot

After doing this, it should work like a charm.

+Quote Post
sethjacquay
post Thu 31 Mar 2005, 22:18
Post #6

Member No.: 35,039

Okay, my problem is fixed and thanks to you guys I knew just where to look.

First, I tried everything borjam said, but my midi still wasn't working.
So then I went into the Midi Drivers folder and found a DigiXO1Driver inside, not sure how this got there.
I deleted the Digidesign driver, and wah-lah everything was up and working like a champ.
It seems that Digidesign driver was probably causing quite a bit of trouble even before
I took the update. Now the FW410 is working great!

Thanks a lot for all of your help and this is one of the reasons I love MacMusic.org.
These forums are truely a great resource for solving your own issues without
waiting 9 days for whenever the company tech support decides to respond.

Thanks again.

--------------------
Ableton Live 4.1
Reason 3
Mac OS 10.3.8
G5 Dual 1.8 Ghz 2 GB RAM 160 HD
EzQuest 120 GB 7200 Firewire HD
EzQuest 200 GB 7200 Firewire HD - Pro Audio
M-Audio Firewire 410 (driver 1.4.3)
Behringer B1 Microphone (2x)
Behringer HPS3000 Headphones
Yamaha DX-11 going through a MidiMate XP (Midi to USB adapter)

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 1 Apr 2005, 02:23
Post #7

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Thanks everyone, YOU make the site rock! Real user feedback and help is all that's it's about. And we are working to make it even better (it's under coding… wink.gif

wub.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
stoprunner
post Fri 1 Apr 2005, 05:13
Post #8

Rookie

Member No.: 36,729

Still the problems with isight and external drives ascrsten remain, the thing is that M-Audio rush always stuff out and then some more again without the proper testing. The stories with the 410 go a long way back, and as I can read they are here, pitty I am saving to change mine!!!

+Quote Post
tkt2rde
post Fri 15 Apr 2005, 16:33
Post #9

Member No.: 64,158

Anyone find a solution or work around for using the firewire 410 with Lacie D2 FW800 drives. If I connect my drive(s) to the FW800 bus, the firewire 410 flips out and ends up locking up the system. Does anyone know if this problem is only with Lacie D2 FW800 drives, or is it all FW800 drives? I've thought about trying to connect the 410 to the back of one of the drives, but I am going to wait until I have a blank drive to test it because I don't want the 410 to fry my drives with data on it.

I read somewhere else that people who were having trouble with their iSight were able to have it work by plugging the iSight into the back of the 410... this might work with the D2 drives also, but you would be limited to FW400 then. Again, I think I will try this when I get this other drive cleared off.

Also, I was wondering if any of you using the firewire 410 have experienced the monster turn on thump (signal spike) when you shut-down or power-up your mac. I have two Mackie HR-624 powered monitors connected to outputs 1 & 2, and a Mackie HRS-120 powered sub connnected to ouptuts 3 & 4. I am afraid this is going to damage them because it is so loud, so I go around and power the speakers down before rebooting... a major PITA! Anyone having similar problems or have a better solution... besides throwing the 410 in the crapper and getting something else.

M-Audio really needs to advertise these issues to consumers and let us that bought them without knowing send them in for a refund. Rediculous lack of effort for this price.

+Quote Post
stoprunner
post Fri 15 Apr 2005, 22:32
Post #10

Rookie

Member No.: 36,729

tkt2rde everything you are experiencing happened to me, m-audio long time ago suggested me to plug my lacie on the back of the 410(forget about the fw800) the iSight conflict, the BAMMMM! when turning of the system (Mackie HR626 here), everything and today I just discovered that there is another new update 1.4.4 but as I said before this 410 is a joke, it has more problems than G.W.Bush, so there are few answers to the problems but to burn it and buy something else.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 19:49
- © 440 Forums 2011