MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Markers?
tromba
post Mon 24 Nov 2008, 01:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,226

I've had an mBox for some time and have usually recorded into Adobe Audition on my Thinkpad (live classical concerts). I'm trying to switch to Mac, but can't find how to do some things.

I can use ProTools (7.4) to make the recording just fine. Aside from some possible noise reduction (heating/air) all I generally want to do is put a marker at the beginning of each selection, combine the markers into tracks or regions (one click in Audition) and then save all these regions to separate files to put on CD (also one click in Audition).

Because I'm no ProTools expert, maybe Markers is the wrong word. Is there something comparable to this in ProTools? I know I can highlight a selection and save it, but it's very difficult to be at the exact beginning and exact end with just dragging the mouse....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Mon 24 Nov 2008, 07:22
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

I don't want to talk you into buying additional software but, since you are on a PC (thinkpad right?) you can totally do what you need to do with Sony's CD Architect. It's not expensive and, I actually port over all my tracks from a Mac to my PC to do just what you are talking about. It is a heck of a good value.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

+Quote Post
tromba
post Mon 24 Nov 2008, 18:40
Post #3

Member No.: 22,226

Thanks for the reply! I have Adobe Audition and have been using that with my mBox on the ThinkPad. Once I have markers in place, it's one click to combine them into tracks (or regions) and one more click to batch save them.

One of my reasons for using this is not knowing how with ProTools and the other is that in order to work at home and school I have to drag the mBox around just to get the software to work.

+Quote Post
banevt
post Tue 25 Nov 2008, 11:08
Post #4

Member No.: 28,332

Are you trying to make CD files from a stereo audio file you have recorded, edited and or mixed? If you have edits on a region you want to export then you'll have to consolidated your selection to a single unedited file. The quick key for that is shift+option+3. If you have no edits and are just trying to make a CD of a live performance you don't need to worry about consolidating audio. To create regions in pro tools all you have to do is highlight your selection and then press apple+b (for cut). Or you can put the cursor where you want your region to end and press apple+b. It will put a line there called a region separation and create two new regions. If you find that you need to edit the location of your region start all you have to do is use your trim tool. If you decide you don't want the region break where you just created it all you have to do is highlight the region separation and press apple h (for heal) and the region separation will heal and recombine the two regions. If you're doing what I think you're doing then I would delete all the regions that are just empty space you don't want files for. Like at the very beginning of your audio file or unecessary audio between songs if there is any. Once you have your regions sorted simply triple click your audio track to highlight all of your regions then a simple shift+apple+k will bring up the export regions dialogue box. You could also just double click each region separately and call up the export region dialogue box for each region. The export region dialogue box is where you select mono or stereo interleaved files, the sample rate, bit depth, type of file, and where you want to export your regions to. Once you have all your selections made click export and wait for pro tools to finish exporting and there you go. If you are doing each region separately pro tools remembers your choices from the first file and you shouldn't have to choose it all over again. It sounds complicated but it's really easy to do and once you get used to it will be like second nature. If this isn't what you were looking to do I'm sorry for the long winded explanation.

This post has been edited by banevt: Tue 25 Nov 2008, 11:10

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:28
- © MacMusic 1997-2008