MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Audio Files Lost In Dp 2.7, I search, but they're gone
JPBowersock
post Mon 22 Mar 2004, 05:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,052

I did a search on this and nothing came up, so if this has been covered before please excuse me.

I'm running Digital Performer 2.7 on a G4 Gigabit Ethernet machine with a MOTU 1224 interface. Sometimes when I open a project DP tells me that one or more audio files are missing. I search for them, and sure enough they are missing. Often this happens on projects that I haven't opened in some time and decide to revisit.

A friend suggested that the resource forks of these files could be damaged. I'm no computer tech, nor do I have any disk repair utilities (I tried to install and run Norton, but all it did was crash my computer). I don't even know the reasoning behind rebuilding the desktop. Anyone's help here would be appreciated. Can resource forks be rebuilt if this is the problem? How can I tell and then remedy it?

This is just my home machine, so all this problem really does is cost me a few hours of work here and there, but I'm getting pretty fed up with it nonetheless.

Ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
azusa
post Mon 22 Mar 2004, 05:49
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,031

I think something seriously wrong inside your Mac.
Normally Norton's works fine (I use it to check my Mac often).
So, try "Disk First Aid" (in Applications->Utilites folder).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 08:15
- © MacMusic 1997-2008