MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Os X & Traktor, Help with external Hard Drive
JK47
post Mon 28 Feb 2005, 22:41
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 61,526

Hi Everyone

I've got a 1.67 ghz 17inch Powerbook with OS X Panther running Traktor 2.0, I also have a LaCie 250gb USB2 external drive which stores my music files.
Rather than copy the music across from the LaCie, i would like to use it as the primary music source with Traktor - However, within the explore window of Trakor i can't see it and therefore can't access the music. Is there any thing i'm missing or should do to get it to work? (i can see and use the Lacie drive in other programs).

Any advice is greatly appreciated as i'm a bit wet behind the ears when it comes to all things Apple (recent convert)

Thanks
JK
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
td3k
post Tue 1 Mar 2005, 15:17
Post #2

Member No.: 16,354

In Traktor, click the 'setup' button, this will open your preferences, click the 'Browser' tab, click 'Music Directory'. You will be able to specify the path to your music folder. Something like,

LaCie:Path:to:your:music:

Alternately if you tab open the 'Explorer' folder in the file browser, all mounted storage devices will be visible in the hierarchy .

Hope that helps,

--------------------

+Quote Post
JK47
post Sat 5 Mar 2005, 11:26
Post #3

Member No.: 61,526

Got it sorted!

I transfered the files that were on the external HD to the Powerbook, then formated the external HD from the powerbook to OS X format (although the FAT 32 drive was picked up by the powerbook, Traktor didn't). When the drive was formated, i copied the files back and now Traktor picks up the drive.

+Quote Post
RestlessNative
post Thu 14 Apr 2005, 02:54
Post #4

Member No.: 64,047

...Imma bump this thread because im having a similar issue with traktor...i used the file browser and went from my hd...to user...to music...to itunes...blah blah blah. For some reason, traktor breaks down each artist with folders that are labeled the same as my "album" field in itunes...ok???

...but the real issue is that some of the songs are showing and some are not...when i click on some folders, the songs just arent there! I thought maybe it was only the songs I *cough* "acquired"...but no, even the ones i imported from factory cd's are missing...anyone have an idea whats going on?

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 18 Apr 2024, 17:10
- © MacMusic 1997-2008