MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> EN-Welcome to the English Members!, Please read this!
Francois Déchery
post Wed 4 Jul 2001, 07:05
Post #1

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 11

Welcome to our english users!

Take a look in the Contibute Forum and in the about/contribute page to see how you could help, and please post your comments about the site in the Feeeback or the contribute forum, as needed.

If your post concern special closed sections of the site, like some you will have a restricted access to, Please post in this current Private forum.

If you want to colaborate more with us and post some 'value-added' content like graphics, text, translation, corrections, etc.. please use this forum, carefully chosing the right topic or naming a new one clearly describing what's in it.

The aim in this forum is to help the webmaster, not adding extra-work for him wink.gif wink.gifwink.gif

-----------------------------------
Working in the team:

- Please always post in this forum when you're doing some peace of job, to avoid people doing a duplicate work.

- On the other hand, always look here to see if someone isn't already doing what you intend to do.

- If finnally you can't finish a job you started (whatever the reason is) PLEASE TELL US ABOUT IT, posting in this forum. We will never complain, but this really help to organise the job, when we know what's on en what's not....

- Aways use this forum (or the feedback one, if more concerned) to contact the webmaster: dont use messager or email, except if your post is really confidential

Thanks for your help building MacMusic.

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

440Software, our new audio software directory

440Software, notre nouveau site sur les logiciels audio pour Mac, PC et iPhone/iPad
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Francois Déchery
post Fri 14 Jun 2002, 19:30
Post #2

Webmaster
Group Icon

just bumping ;-)

we should now welcome soon Damann, a UK based contributor!
Welcome Damann!
wink.gif

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

440Software, notre nouveau site sur les logiciels audio pour Mac, PC et iPhone/iPad

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 15 Jun 2002, 02:15
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Yo!

(warning I'm english addicted smile.gif

Welcome!
Applause Applause Applause

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
damann
post Tue 18 Jun 2002, 09:57
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,044

hey guys,
great to be onboard. angry.gif
i can help in particular with pro/advanced muso issues,
as far as the site is concerned, apart from my congratulations, suggestions so far are...
as well as the email notification, how about a 'recent replies/personalised topics hot button, effectively a 'mailbag'. new forums dedicated to vsti and plugin specific information and a wanted/for sale list ?
i have some other great ideas that i want to set up a site in the near future for, but maybe this could be something you guys host !
obviously i don't want to give away too many details right now, but suffice to say i have a good nose for money. smile.gif
finally for now, i should mention the fact that my girlfriend is french, which may be useful to you in some way as far as our communications etc are concerned, ie your not needing to bother translating so much/ accesing 'slang' terminology. wink.gif
peace/goodwill to all and 'watch this space' wink.gif

--------------------
one for all and all for one...

+Quote Post
Francois Déchery
post Wed 19 Jun 2002, 03:16
Post #5

Webmaster
Group Icon

hi damann

'as well as the email notification, how about a 'recent replies/personalised topics hot button, '

the 'Topic subscriptions' page and the 'today's post' page on the new board should cover it wink.gif
yes/no?

about translating:
I can't imagine that we ill ever access the 'slang' level wink.gif but help to correct gramiatical issues and bad sentences written the uggly way as i write this one you're currently reading, would certainly help to make the site more attractive to english navite speaking vistors...
angry.gif

thanks 4 your help daman

please continue to feedback wink.gif

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

+Quote Post
damann
post Sat 22 Jun 2002, 06:08
Post #6

Advanced Member

re the account situation, i thought as much, did it, but didn't want to confuse the database by re-registering.
also, you really ought to establish a working relationship ( like your relationship with polyfractus etc) with 'ohmforce'. wink.gif
they're paris based, and developers of some of the very best and most professional plugins available. they have a great future.

on the subject of graphics:
i have some good friends who specialize in this area, are incredibly talented and i'm sure would love to help if you wanted them to.
just let me know if you're prepared to grant them access to the test site/communicate and ultimately contribute. smile.gif
finally, on the same subject, the actual macmusic logo never really did it for me! this seems petty, but everything else is so watertight/futureproof that my feeling is that this may as well be sorted out at this stage of the game...
best regards as always PW. angry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Francois Déchery
post Sat 22 Jun 2002, 18:39
Post #7

Webmaster
Group Icon

About the accounts: Please, DO open dozen accounts, and test if it works as expected. The database will be OVERWRITTEN with the current member databases, just before publishing the new site. angry.gif

About ohmforce, i tried to etabish a partner relation, like with polyfractus, but they didnt seem to be interested... i may try again later wink.gif

graphics:
I you've friends with graphics talents, i would be happy to welcome them in the team wink.gif
That would certainly help to improve the look, which, IMHO is not really pretty... again graphics is NOT my land, and i would love more help there!

If you want and if you feel they wont spread it to the world, feel free to give them the access to the test site (url/login/pass).

I'm not prepared this week to have enought time to welcome them (as well as i would) and have long discussion about the graphic, the html/architecture limits etc.... but next week will be fine to welcome them!

About the logo, i'm also not really happy with it (a graphic friend made it in a few hours, 4 years ago, and it never evolve since...)
I fully aggree that it should change, and if your friends can also help there, it would definitivately be cool. but (if i understood what you wrote?) i really doubt that it could be done before next week-end... changing the logo is a BIG (definitive?) change, and that need to be discussed .... :/

thanks for your help, damaan!
You rock! angry.gif

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

+Quote Post
damann
post Sun 23 Jun 2002, 04:12
Post #8

Advanced Member

wish i could rock as 'hard' as you dude,
ah well, horses for courses i guess! wink.gif
wish i could make the meeting this weekend and believe me, i wouldn't be bringing any tea bags with me!
i don't understand the ohmboys attitude, i know these guys, know who they do rely on for web exposure and therefore know they need to sort this angle out! angry.gif
hey, this is a private forum! i CAN say that hitsquad 'sucks'.
i'll 'have a word' as we say over here. wink.gif
the timing on the graphics situation is appreciated, i'll talk to my mates and maybe something can develope in time. cool.gif
finally, nice to see that i'm not regarded as a 'new member' anymore,
but 'junior'? what an awful term. sorry to be so petty again, but some better terminology seems to be needed here, not just for me, junior is just so uncool! especially at my age! huh.gif

i'll shut up now, peace, goodwill and 'stay cool'...PW.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 23 Jun 2002, 04:40
Post #9

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Shut up? I know you can't wink.gif

Upon the junior it'll change fast, at the rate you post smile.gif

I agree on the graphic issue, as a graphic designer, that's the less I can do. I've got some ideas, but not the time (even if you think I'm all the time on macmusic wink.gif nor the energy for now. I'll talk a bit of that at the meeting this afternoon. Also I'll have some graphic intensive work the next weeks before disapearing until september far from anything looking like a computer smile.gif

now a bit of moderation… before sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep smile.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
damann
post Sun 23 Jun 2002, 05:15
Post #10

Advanced Member

hi lepetitmartien,
i love you, don't worry, nothing to do with my p*n*s! huh.gif
as we say 'everything is good in moderation'.
i gave ohmforce a great catchphrase, 'ohm is where the art is'
i hope it translates well enough. wink.gif
talking of translation, using my girlfriend to get a dialogue other than english going between us, on the basis that she's female, will be hopeless! i might as well use a chinese translator. wink.gif
anyway, i think i also need some sleeeeeeeeeeep right now, peace,
have a great meeting guys,
as prince might say, speak 2 u soon...

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 20:14
- © MacMusic 1997-2008