MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Korg M1 Sysex Dump, Restoring Factory Sounds to Korg M1
redstrype
post Fri 5 Jan 2007, 17:37
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 79,359

Now I know this may be a long shot, and might not be the right forum, but I haven't been let down in the past so here goes:

I've got a G4 powerbook, sysex Librarian software, an m-audio Axiom 25, midi cables and a Korg M1.

Is it possible for me to restore the factory settings with the above gear? I have been all over the net searching and I believe I understand what I need to do, but for some reason, after performing all the steps, once I restart the M1 the soundbanks never show up.

I connect my laptop to the Axiom via USB and the M1 to the Axiom via Midi, the Sysex library recognizes the M1 through Axiom Midi Port 1, but still after completing all the steps on the M1 and performing the data dump, it does not work.

Does anyone out there have experience with this? I've read some posts, but none for a mac, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trh55
post Sun 4 Feb 2007, 21:40
Post #2

Member No.: 88,042

Hi; I'm not a mac-user, but for this very moment I use a lot of time on my M1, preparing and loading new and old sounds.
So I haven't got precisely into the same problems as you, (pc-user), but got at lot of experiences loadin and sending midi-files supported be different programs. If you're sending me your mailadress i have better possibilities to help you.

trh55

+Quote Post
Metro SE
post Mon 5 Feb 2007, 02:27
Post #3

Member No.: 20,523

QUOTE (redstrype @ Fri 5 Jan 2007, 11:37) *
Now I know this may be a long shot, and might not be the right forum, but I haven't been let down in the past so here goes:

I've got a G4 powerbook, sysex Librarian software, an m-audio Axiom 25, midi cables and a Korg M1.

I believe the M1 has an exclusive lock so you need to turn that off in order to receive sysex. You should definitely be able to restore the entire factory bank if you have the right sysex message. It is even possible to do without a librarian if you can import the syex into a sequencer. When you send the sysex to the M1, keep your eye on the M1 to see if there are messages while it is receiving.

+Quote Post
rock_stuff
post Tue 6 Mar 2007, 20:38
Post #4

Member No.: 89,130

QUOTE (trh55 @ Mon 5 Feb 2007, 01:40) *
Hi; I'm not a mac-user, but for this very moment I use a lot of time on my M1, preparing and loading new and old sounds.
So I haven't got precisely into the same problems as you, (pc-user), but got at lot of experiences loadin and sending midi-files supported be different programs. If you're sending me your mailadress i have better possibilities to help you.

trh55

hi i have lost data of my m1 and currently there r no sound in it how can i recover my data.kindly send me procedure on my mailing adress: sajjad809@hotmail.com i am looking forward for an early reply.

This post has been edited by rock_stuff: Tue 6 Mar 2007, 20:39

+Quote Post
Seersholm
post Wed 4 Apr 2007, 20:04
Post #5

Member No.: 90,023

I sure would like those informations too. please send it to:
jacob.seersholm at skolekom dk

thanks - i think i tried everything, but i guess not......hehe

Jacob

[edit LPM please no email in plain text in the forum, use the secure email link on the member's card wink.gif ]

This post has been edited by lepetitmartien: Thu 5 Apr 2007, 01:09

+Quote Post
Seoseamh
post Fri 1 Jun 2007, 21:07
Post #6

Member No.: 91,716

[quote name='Seersholm' date='Wed 4 Apr 2007, 21:04' post='234872']
I sure would like those informations too. please send it to:
jacob.seersholm at skolekom dk

thanks - i think i tried everything, but i guess not......hehe

Jacob

[

If anybody still needs advice on the procedure of loading and collectiong sysex data from M1 contact me at:

jschiefner at gmx net

I use a Mac G4 + Sysex librarian for Korg M1, Wavestation and Roland DCO based synths like JX10 and alpha Juno 2.

Johannes

+Quote Post
vertpooomme
post Wed 21 Nov 2007, 23:25
Post #7

Member No.: 96,623

Hello,

With the Korg M1 sequencer, it is possible to erase some notes, by pressing them in real time on the keyboard (piano) just before they are (re)played in the sequence :
Does anyone know if this function exists in a software (Mac) ?
I found the Korg Digital Legacy Collection but the M1 sequencer is not included. I tried in Logic Studio but i still can't find an easy way to erase just the note that i (re)play in realtime.

Thank you

+Quote Post
Anduuu
post Tue 15 Apr 2008, 16:39
Post #8

Member No.: 95,771

Please help me!!!

I got a korg M1 library in sysEx(.syx) format. HOW can I load/import them into M1( I have Korg Legacy Digital v1.0.0 VSTi).
THE BIG PROBLEM is that I can only load ".fxb" and ".m1all" banks(ONLY this is shown on the choose format "File of type"), even that it is said that this version of software M1 "can" load ".syx" banks!
In korg digital M1, THERE IS NO menu for .syx file types. WHAT CAN I DO??? ANY SUGGESTION WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!! Andu.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 21:32
- © 440 Forums 2011