MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Virus B / C / Ti Sound Comparison ?
superlead
post Wed 15 Mar 2006, 12:07
Post #11

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,233

yes, i just discovered about the macbeth but it's expensive, for this price, i'd prefer to find a system700 lab if i can find one !
but i'd be curious to hear the macbeth.
i just bought a midimini in NY yesterday on the web, i hope it will sound as good as my mini D.

so, i might buy the atcx as well, unless i go for the SEM 2 VOICES that my friend sells (he has the SE obie rack , so...), i have one already but 2 could be cool as well for polyphonic tones.
i have to hear his oberheim xpander cause i don't remember its sound.
i haven't been buying synths for years, so i'm hungry ! lol
i'm also wondering about a multimoog, i love the sounds you can get with buty the one i used was not more stable than my micromoog.
don't get fooled, my synths are not so unstable , except the micromoog that can stay on tune for a few hours.
but i was looking for one that could really be stable and reliable ( and still sold new), so i might go for the ATCX.

i tried the alesis andromeda but didn't like it that much.
i think i tried the vermona , but can't recall it impressed me !

yes, i was talking about the nord lead's not the new but i think they are far better synths outside from what i heard with the nord lead's.

i love big basses (moog, RSF) rock n funky leads (SEM TVS1 !!!! RSF, moog's, korg ms20 and roland system100M or smaller ones like system 101/102, SH5 that i'd love to have or SH101 ,i sold mine but might find another one and TB303 that i never had).
i also like good pads and the virus was ok for that as i didn't need to set the filter really high (with those digital noise )
the sequential pro one is a nice small synth and the prophet 5 is good for leads as well, or sweeps, but the the best for sweeps and noises are the moogs, they're the most organic.

i heard about technosaurus and my friend went in switzerland to listen to them but they are expensive for what they are; i'm not sure they sound as good as the old ones.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 16 Mar 2006, 01:56
Post #12

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

To get the most of the andromeda you have to dive deep… It's a synth to program.

Vermona given your earlier hints is not for you even if it's really great stuff as i said. I was giving the name to cover the field. wink.gif

Macbeth is HUGE. Yes it's expensive, but no more than the 70's equivalent were at the time, it's real analogue, it's always going to be more expansive than digital and quality has a price too. Ken is building now his second run of 30 instruments, we're talking about handmade stuff here. I'm a little in the conception business of analogue stuff and I can tell you, if manufacturer could build less expensive they would do it. On Macbeth, I'm sure of one thing, it'll BOOMSHACK still in 50 years from now. You could have heard one and meet Ken last october at MESi btw… among other things.

As I said, for a Macbeth M3X, now it's second hand and I'm sure there's some black market on those wink.gif

Talking about second hand: SH5 are very hard to find, MS20 and system 100m are only cash away, Kobol are as SH5… (sigh), SH101 are easy to find, there's aplenty. Sequential stuff shows from time to time around. Now have a look at the VEMIA, it's now, and Peter forest is a very serious guy. i've got my Sygma and some minor stuff from there, my EMU coming from Tim Simenon too wink.gif It's worth a look and it's as safe as possible.

Technosaurus, wait till Jürg comes back from china wink.gif the OSHO will be back (octal sub-harmonic oscillator)

But beware of the G.A.S. it's a dangerous syndrome laugh.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
superlead
post Thu 16 Mar 2006, 02:55
Post #13

Rookie

hi ,
too late, the virus is in me for years now ! lol
yes, the macbeth seems nice.
at first i thought it was just a minimoog modular but it seems bigger than a mini.
yes, i suppose it's good quality, so it's expensive but i hadn't seen it was so big.
THE 2 KOBOL EXPANDERS (+ XPANDER 2 AND PROGRAMER ) AND THE SYSTEM 100M ARE MY MODULAR SYNTHS.

maybe i make a mistake and i don't know the vermona, i recall i tried a small cheap metal polished or chrome synth a few years ago but from what you say it seem to sound better, i'll take a look.

the ATCX is in stand by as i bought the midimini, but i'm looking forward another SEM TVS1 , a multimoog and an oscar.
i am attracted towards those old beauties and they get rarer.
the SH5 and MS20 might be later if i find those 3 first
i saw there are many SEM in the USA (but less expander and matrix 12).
i'm also a guitar gear addict, so it's not easy to choose sometimes but i'm selling a few tube amps and guitars to pay all that.

i still think about the virus for pads but it might be much money just for that as i can make some with all the plug ins i have in my macintosh.
the logic synths are not that bad for digital, the absynth is good for pads, the tc powercore is a cheap cross of a multimoog and sh101 but can make a few sounds.
the prophet and DX7 are not too bad neither but i was not a fan of the MS20 nor the oscar (the real one has a freally great filter that they didn't emulate, especialy the sort of divider on it)

are the new technosaurus made in china ?

do you know what parts precisely (chips or other things like that ) i should try to look for spare for my kobol xpander's ?
i'd like to begin to hunt for that if ever something has to break down : i love them so much; it's our french pride !

also i'd like to stabilise my micromoog oscilator, i wonder if the multimoog are more stable ?

+Quote Post
superlead
post Thu 16 Mar 2006, 02:57
Post #14

Rookie

do you know this software metasynth ?
it's the best soft for sound design !

+Quote Post
superlead
post Fri 24 Mar 2006, 03:24
Post #15

Rookie

my midimini has the minimoog boards 1 , 3 and 4 like a midimoog.
i asked several people including SE that said those midimoog and midimini were the same.
some later midimini's had cloned parts.

do you know where i could get some infos to fix a kobol expander osc pitch ?

or where i could bring some vintage synths for service in France (mostly for osc pitch stability) ?

i missed a nice multimoog and a 700 lab roland recently as well as some oscar's and ms20's but i saw a nice SH-5.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 26 Mar 2006, 16:04
Post #16

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

first, to repeat myself, i cited Vermona for it to be around, but I don't think it's the sound you're after. It's not "big". You lean over the "american" analogue sound and the japanese.

Technosaurus will not be made in china at all, Jürg happen to work there for a year, he has a wife and kids you know, and they have to eat sometimes wink.gif He should be back by the end of the year, lucky us biggrin.gif The small last run of microcon available thru Schneidersbüro in Berlin are all original parts from Jürg but assembled in Berlin with Jürg's supervision. but it was a small series so maybe there's no more of them.

For the kobol, (you should have told it in the French thread) you could ask the guy in the south who launched a year or two back a big definitive website about RSF. rsf.synth.official Maybe he can help you out. As for the chips.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 18 Apr 2024, 21:59
- © 440 Forums 2011