MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Allen&heath Zed22fx Usb Issue
tonester
post Sat 5 Mar 2011, 13:17
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 109,043

Hi:

Recently purchased an Allen&Heath Zed 22FX USB board for monitoring/ bussing purposes. My main Interface is the MOTU 828MK3. My goal was to take various stems out of the 828, use outboard processing, and then return the mix back to DP7.2 for mastering via the USB port on the Allen & Heath. I also use Reason 5/Record1.5 and would use the USB interface with that DAW as well. and maybe GarageBand for quick sketches. Bottom line, I'll use the USB interface as well as the 828MK3

Problem is, while the device is recognized by my iMac (OSX 10.6.6, 4G Ram, 2.4ghz Intel Core Duo Processor), I can't seem to get the audio back into the Mac. In Record, when I try to select the "USB Audio Codec" as an input, it says something to the effect of "no input device is available" I've enabled it as an I/O device.

in DP7 I've selected it in the MAS audio system. Same issue with Garage Band. However, I am able to use the output to get sound back into the Allen &Heath.

Now the A&H manual states that it is a bi-directional USB port. What am I not doing right?

Thanks for your time.....

Anthony
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Mon 14 Mar 2011, 01:09
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Have you tried to agglomerate the interfaces ?

Have you tried to select the A&H in the Sound system preferences?

Other checks to do (if you have not already):

- verify if the driver is up to date if there is one.
- If it is, reinstall, repair drive and permissions
- clear caches (you can use Onyx)
- make a general reset of your computer (depends of the model, procedures are detailed at Apple website)

Once all this is done, you can assume the issue is not somewhere on the motherboard or hidden deep in the system/driver (partially)

Is there a procedure to reset the A&H?

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
tonester
post Wed 16 Mar 2011, 12:32
Post #3

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Sun 13 Mar 2011, 19:09) *
Have you tried to agglomerate the interfaces ?

Have you tried to select the A&H in the Sound system preferences?

Other checks to do (if you have not already):

- verify if the driver is up to date if there is one.
- If it is, reinstall, repair drive and permissions
- clear caches (you can use Onyx)
- make a general reset of your computer (depends of the model, procedures are detailed at Apple website)

Once all this is done, you can assume the issue is not somewhere on the motherboard or hidden deep in the system/driver (partially)

Is there a procedure to reset the A&H?

Hi:

Thanks for your reply. I actually did have success using the A&H in DP7. However, still nothing in Reason/Record 1.5. There are no drivers for the Allen & Heath, you just plug it in , and it's recognized. No way to reset it. I have a thread going on the Propellerhead's forum, so i'm waiting to see what happens there.

And I did try using it as an aggregate driver, and the same thing happened.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 20 Mar 2011, 06:33
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

If the issue is gone in DP but still in Reason, it's pure software and on the reason side. Else both would have been not working.

Have you tried the general reset of the mac itself? It'll tell the ports to get back to their purely virginal state. If it fails it's definitely Reason the bad boy somehow or the communication between Reason and Core Audio.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
tonester
post Sun 20 Mar 2011, 13:15
Post #5

Citation (lepetitmartien @ dim 20 mar 2011, 00:33) *
If the issue is gone in DP but still in Reason, it's pure software and on the reason side. Else both would have been not working.

Have you tried the general reset of the mac itself? It'll tell the ports to get back to their purely virginal state. If it fails it's definitely Reason the bad boy somehow or the communication between Reason and Core Audio.

I will give your suggestion a try.......

Thanks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 14:50
- © MacMusic 1997-2008