MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Midi Keyboard Transposition Problem In Logic, M-Audio Midi Keys have been transposed and can't change it back
James Point Blan...
post Tue 6 Sep 2011, 17:19
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 118,194

Hey,

First time I've posted a problem in here.

Basically, my M-Audio Keyrig 25 Midi Keyboard has somehow transposed itself so that it now plays a 'A' instead of 'C' and so on.

Does anyone know how to sort this out?

I think it happened while i was assigning the controllers to do some other things using Logic Pro 8.

Any help would be bloody fantastic, because it is rather annoying trying to compose when the piano roll and keyboard don't match up.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
post Wed 7 Sep 2011, 16:27
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 88,124

interesting. i don't see anything in the manual about a transposition function. i know there's a software editor, perhaps it's available there. if there's a glitch, the fact that the transposition is a minor third hints that the pitch bend is stuck somehow.
in any case, you could try resetting the pitch bend wheel, or saving the presets you've created, and then wiping the board to its defaults. that procedure is in the manual too, but here it is, for your convenience:

To reset KeyRig 25 to its “factory default” settings, first switch the keyboard off. Next (while the controller is still off), press and hold
both Preset +/- buttons and turn the unit on. Note that restoring the factory presets will erase all setups you have stored to memory.

good luck with this.

QUOTE (James Point Blank @ Tue 6 Sep 2011, 09:19) *
Hey,

First time I've posted a problem in here.

Basically, my M-Audio Keyrig 25 Midi Keyboard has somehow transposed itself so that it now plays a 'A' instead of 'C' and so on.

Does anyone know how to sort this out?

I think it happened while i was assigning the controllers to do some other things using Logic Pro 8.

Any help would be bloody fantastic, because it is rather annoying trying to compose when the piano roll and keyboard don't match up.

Thanks!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 08:28
- © MacMusic 1997-2008