MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Garageband Settings, Optimal settings for recording voice
triads
post Thu 5 May 2011, 15:39
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 116,925

I feel abashed, I must say, in the face of so much info.

Glad you weren't so embarrassed that you didn't share what you found.

You bring to light a good point and that is that so many times we tend to over-intellectualize or over-engineer what eventually turns out to be a simple problem overlooked. Those most experienced among us tend to do this the most, though, and I'm not picking on you in any way, the gain knob should have been an instinctive reaction, the first thing reached for when input levels spiked.

I once spent an hour trouble-shooting a connectivity issue with my digital interface before I simply rebooted the Mac. That fixed my problem and took less than a minute. I still have a couple PC's but rarely use them anymore. I was always running into conflicts, reinstalling drivers, rooting around the registry, and when Windows 7 made obsolete some of my 32 bit gear without having to buy additional software, I bought a Mac. The only problems I've experienced with the Mac have been resolved with a reboot, or if a USB device, a simple disconnect/reconnect. When I had to reboot my PC, which was very often when troubleshooting, I had enough time to brew a pot of coffee before the system came up. The Mac is blazingly fast, simple, stable, reliable, and I don't need to weed thru a choice of operating systems to see which one is right for me.

When problem solving, we just need to keep it simple and ask the obvious. The question I often ask myself is 'what's the last thing I did'?. That's often a good place to start looking.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 18 Apr 2024, 06:00
- © MacMusic 1997-2008