MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Edirol Pcr-80 Vs. Evolution Mk-461c, Any opinions on these two controllers?
Johnny Is
post Fri 23 Apr 2004, 21:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,324

I've been shopping MIDI controller boards, mostly 61 Key under $300, and have pretty much narrowed it down to these two. I'd love to hear opinions from anyone who has used them. Looking at their features it is hard to compare the two. In many ways the Evolution seems to be a better board, but doesn't sound as versatile when it comes to interacting with software, and especially lacking in Mac support, for example they have a PC utility for sysex message dumping, but none for Mac. The Edirol doesn't have quite as many assignable controls, etc, but has Mac OS X software that allows you to graphically reassign all 27 assignable controls through your computer, nice. As well as built in and downloadable mappings for tons of different software. So I keep going back and forth, and would love to hear what anyone has to say about these boards.

Oh yeah, at this point I'll mostly be using the board with Reason, DP4, Absynth, maybe some other soft synths.

TIA

-Johnny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rkwhitton
post Wed 30 Jun 2004, 23:10
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,079

Johnny,

Looks like many of the manufactures are slow to update their sites and also contain errors. I spoke with M-Audio today, and they said that the sytem editor software for Evolution keyboards that they offer called Enigma works on both the PC and Mac OS X even though their site says in many places "only for pc". It also works with the Keystation Pro 88.

Hope this helps. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 01:17
- © 440 Forums 2011