MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Motu 828 Lost Signal, lost signal while recording
yongjoo
post Wed 26 Feb 2003, 21:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,393

So, after tearing apart my whole setup from my Mixer--828--ext. HD--computer. I realized that my 828 drops out randomly when I'm trying to record 1 vocal track while my 10 other tracks are playing. I've up-ed the RAM to 500mb. It's not a processor issue. When I just play the 10 tracks and NOT record there's no hitches. But when I record and talk into the mic, the 828 lights flicker off and on--sporadically. Tracks are still going on the computer, but monitors and mic input drop out.

I'm running OS 9.1 on a G4 (455mhz) and never had this problem (dabbling in digital audio for a little over a year now). Even updated my MAS, thinking it was a driver issue. nope.

i'm sorry this is so long but i'm real frustrated. PLEASE HELP!

--------------------
michael lee
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
azusa
post Thu 27 Feb 2003, 04:25
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,031

I believe the problem could come from the way you set up to monitor all your tracks.
There are mix monitor and direct monitor (use all 8 outs).

Give those folks at motu a call or e-mail, I'm sure, they'll give you a better answer than mine. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
yongjoo
post Fri 28 Feb 2003, 22:54
Post #3

Member No.: 2,393

This isn't the case unfortunately. I've took apart my setup completely and even did a test with everything connected directly to the 828.

I just read that certain video cards (on PCs though) are conflicting with the Firewire.

Has anyone had this same experience?

--------------------
michael lee

+Quote Post
BobbyA
post Mon 2 Jun 2003, 23:04
Post #4

Rookie

Member No.: 18,973

Sounds like you may have a input monitoring issue as previously stated. Check your audio monitoring settings in the software. Those can be tricky and have to be set correctly.
Good luck!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 00:43
- © MacMusic 1997-2008