MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Iso To Aiff Converter?
gutza63
post Sat 19 Jan 2008, 15:57
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 89,680

hello , i just downloaded a sample cd wich is ISO . i tryed anything with toast ,but i can not turn it to akai or wav file so i can use it in logic . i am new in this area so please give me some advice how can i convert an ISO file to wav . thanks a lot smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
post Sat 19 Jan 2008, 16:44
Post #2

Member No.: 88,124

hi,
this from wikipediea:
ISO 9660, a standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), defines a file system for CD-ROM media. It aims at supporting different computer operating systems such as Unix, Windows and Mac OS, so that data may be exchanged.

in my humbly extensive experience i've never seen an audio file with the extension ".iso" however, plenty of CD ROMs are ISO9660. perhaps a closer look at the individual files and their extensions is called for. that said, there are new compression schemes coming around all the time.

+Quote Post
banevt
post Sat 19 Jan 2008, 23:17
Post #3

Member No.: 28,332

Yeah it sounds like you have a disc image file. Toast usually handles all my disc image files unless it is a file specific to a certain software. You would first have to mount the image file using Toast or the software the file was created with. Once it's mounted it would be like a CD in your computers CD drive. You would take the aiff files off the mounted image the same as a sample CD in your computer. It's weird that Toast wouldn't mount your .iso disc image. It could be that the file is corrupt somehow. I can't really offer much else without more information. Hope you get it sussed out.

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Sun 20 Jan 2008, 07:33
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 76,633

gutza63 Posted Yesterday, 03:57 PM {hello , i just downloaded a sample cd wich is ISO . i tryed anything with toast ,but i can not turn it to akai or wav file so i can use it in logic . i am new in this area so please give me some advice how can i convert an ISO file to wav . thanks a lot }

gutza63, I know, I know this one. mortalengines just helped my woth this problem.

OK. Open Logic. Open EXS24. Click Options. (On the right). Follow Prompts. The CD will Automatically Load... It just takes a few Clicks.

If I left out a step, mortalengines will catch and fix.

+Quote Post
deaconblue
post Sun 20 Jan 2008, 18:33
Post #5

Member No.: 11,156

QUOTE (Mac Daddy @ Sun 20 Jan 2008, 00:33) *
gutza63 Posted Yesterday, 03:57 PM {hello , i just downloaded a sample cd wich is ISO . i tryed anything with toast ,but i can not turn it to akai or wav file so i can use it in logic . i am new in this area so please give me some advice how can i convert an ISO file to wav . thanks a lot }

OK. Open Logic. Open EXS24. Click Options. (On the right). Follow Prompts. The CD will Automatically Load... It just takes a few Clicks.

One thing, make sure the cd_name.iso is actually mounted (opened) so that Logic will see it in the EXS24 list of sources to convert.

You can do that by burning a copy with toast (I'll give those directions below), or if the image is formatted to mount as finder ready image (usually cd_name.iso.dmg) you can double-click the image file to mount it on the desktop.

For toast, launch toast and select "Copy" or "Disc Copy" depending on if you are using Toast 8 or 7 (respectively).

Once you have that selected you may need to expand your left hand window for options if you are using Toast 7. If you do not see "Image", "Disc" or "Bin Cue", you'll need to click on the small disclosure triangle on the top left of your Toast window. This will open the options pane for you.

If you have Toast 8, as soon as you select copy, you'll see 4 options immediately below the Copy icon on the left. Select "Image File". In the right pane you'll see a generic document icon and a select button. At this point you can either drag the cd_name.iso file into this window or click the select button and navigate to it's location to select it.

Once it is selected, you should be able to either "Mount" the image or burn it to a CD. If it can be mounted at this point you can then use Logic to convert the file to Akai for use in Logic. Or you can burn the CD and then complete the task in the same way once the burn is complete and the physical CD is mounted.

Good luck!

peace.

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Mon 21 Jan 2008, 07:40
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

Sorry Amigos....I have been teaching my 12 year old Garage Band and, yes...I am a whiz at Reason, Ableton, Acid Pro, & Sound Forge but, Logic is like Swahili to me. I can go into the basic stuff like setting audio preferences and arming a track to record but, that's about it....Let's hope someone else can be of more help.

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Tue 22 Jan 2008, 08:30
Post #7

Advanced Member

mortalengines... You're a Father? Bravo. That's wonderful you are teaching your son music production.

Deaconblue is one of the "Go To Guys" in 440 for sure.

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Wed 23 Jan 2008, 11:06
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

Oh....I guess I didn't specify.....I am teaching my daughter GB....gotta teach her how to use the computer for something other than IM'ing her friends and shopping for clothes.

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Thu 24 Jan 2008, 19:47
Post #9

Advanced Member

mortalengines, I apologize for saying your "Son" I should have said "Child" because it could very well be a little girl. Which might even be better because little girls are usually smater than little boys. While boys are playing sports girls are planning for a family and what responsibilities are ahead.... Little boy, "Hey dad I need batteries for my blah-blah machine.

It is great that you are teaching your "Child" music. That is wonderful. Good luck.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 22:38
- © MacMusic 1997-2008