MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M-Audio updates 3 drivers, Computer Hardware
tuscland
post Thu 15 Sep 2005, 18:23
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,048

Hi,

I have exactly the same problems.
A tech at M-Audio said the same thing : to plug the FireWire drive at the back of the interface ; I think it doesn't really solve the problem.

The only solution I found about the powering spike sound problem was to put a mixer between the interface and the amplifier, then I can turn off the mixer before turning off the computer (and therefore the firewire 410).

There is another problem no one talked about with the FireWire 410 :
If you plug another FireWire device with the FireWire 410, on the same computer, and if you access this device, you can "hear the data". What I mean is that there seem to be a ground leak from the FireWire bus to the interface's input preamps, or more probably the output preamps.

I would like to know if someone had success concerning the first problem (LaCie drive conflicts).

Thanks for your answers,
Camille
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
carsten
post Thu 15 Sep 2005, 18:52
Post #12

Member No.: 25,738

... to be quite honest, I have given up on them and is considering buying a mac-mini to connect the LaCie drive to and then access it via the network as there does not seem to be any way of dealing with it sensibly. This is the last reply I have from tech support in June 2005, after which I just gave up on the matter. So now I simply turn the 410 off on the front, plug in the LaCie, do my backup business and unplug the LaCie again before turning the 410 back on.

>Sorry for the delay.
>After further investigation we have not found a viable solution to this, it simply will not work.
>It seems to be inherent in the way the Mac shares the resources of the FireWire bus internally.
>Our apologies but I'm not sure what else I can tell you about this.
>Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

As you can see, they basically admit that they do not know how to sort this out and blame Apple's Firewire protocol for the problems I am just wondering if all Firewire audio interfaces have the same problem.

One solution could be to shift to a USB2 interface.

C.

+Quote Post
stoprunner
post Fri 16 Sep 2005, 07:46
Post #13

Rookie

Member No.: 36,729

Will the USB2 be fast enough? for what I've read the firewire connection should be faster and reliable.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 16:31
- © 440 Forums 2011