MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reason--->Protools Free 5.0.1, Is this possible?
CircleTheA
post Mon 20 May 2002, 01:17
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,691

I'm running Reason 1.0 and just installed Protools FREE 5.0.1 on my G4. Is anyone familiar here as to the chances of me outputting the tracks I create in Reason to plug into Protools? My ultimate goal is to run live instruments into Protools in order to mix and record them alongside the reason tracks. Would it just be easier to lay in the finished individual tracks from reason as an MP3 into a Protools track, or is it possible to chain them up?

--------------------
"real freedom isn't the privilege to choose from choices created for you...real freedom is when you create your own choices to choose from" @!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ash
post Mon 20 May 2002, 13:46
Post #2

Member No.: 4,449

At a glance, i'd say import your reason track as an audio into ProTools - just open it in ProTools, I suppose. I mean - save the thing as a fianl stereo mix and just open it in ProTools. I don't know if you can open multitrack recordings from other seq's and use them as though a Protools file. post an update if this helps.

Ash.

+Quote Post
monktus
post Mon 20 May 2002, 20:05
Post #3

Member No.: 4,737

Hi

The easiest thing to do would be to export the song or loop in reason as an aiff file and then import into protools. You can directly link up reason to cubase as they are both rewire compatible but not with protools.

That should be fine for what you're doing, the only thing to remember is that you export from reason at the same bit rate your protools file is. i.e. if your protools session is 24 bit then you must export the file from reason as 24 bit. Other than that its easy enough. Good luck!

Cheers,
Craig

+Quote Post
CircleTheA
post Mon 20 May 2002, 20:22
Post #4

Member No.: 4,691

Thanx some much friends! you guys rock!

--------------------
"real freedom isn't the privilege to choose from choices created for you...real freedom is when you create your own choices to choose from" @!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 16 Apr 2024, 21:19
- © MacMusic 1997-2008