MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Wireless Midi, How to disconnect mac from synthesizer
camcrosby
post Wed 23 Jun 2004, 06:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,650

I have a very simple desire: disconnect my computer from my synthesizer. Currently, I feel tethered to my synthesizer. To run my synthesizer using my computer, I have to have a USB cable hooked from the computer to the synthesizer.

I want to move around with my laptop, yet still run my synthesizer. I'm dreaming of a wireless USB connection or some other method. Anyone know of any possible solutions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
swilder
post Wed 23 Jun 2004, 18:14
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,402

Wireless MIDI has one gigantic problem: what do you do if data doesn't make it from the controller to the slave?

In the networking world this is easy. When a data packet is lost or dropped it gets resent. So it wasn't that hard to make networking wireless. The only barrier there was speed.

But since MIDI is real time data, if the data doesn't get recieved you get all sorts of glitches (note on/off commands don't work, etc)

Even though speed is no longer in an issue, there's no point in resending the MIDI data because it would no longer be in sync.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 17 May 2024, 02:51
- © 440 Forums 2011