MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Audio Midi Setup??, trouble w/Audio MIDI Setup - need help!
mike swenson
post Sun 13 Apr 2003, 18:39
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,537

I am having trouble w/Audio MIDI Setup. I have an M-Audio
Audiophile 2496 sound card on a G4 (latest model. ) Oxygen8 is plugged into USB tower port. Also set up OMS for OS9 apps. OMS recognizes Oxygen8 ("midi received")but no Audio card. Audio MIDI Setup recognizes the sound card and the Oxygen8 midi controller but i can't cable their in/outs (both have in/out arrows at the bottom of their icons in AMS). Any information/screenshots of a working setup or links w /real answers would be greatly appreciated. (Sacrifices at dawn in your honor, etc. etc.)Software is MetroSE 6 for OSX.

mike swenson
mswenson2@earthlink.net
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrtelford
post Mon 21 Apr 2003, 04:07
Post #2

Member No.: 16,481

smile.gif Mike,
I had similar problems with my midi setup. I'm also using a audiophile 2496 card on a g4 and I just purchase Metro 6.

I was able to solve my problem by setting up the AMS with an icon connected to my midisport 2x2. I then double clicked on the icon and selected MORE PROPERTIES. I set my channels to 10 and checked the MIDI MACHINE CONTROL.

I'm new at this and just kind of stumbled onto this. It may be that one or the other setting is whats working or maybe both the channel setting and MACHINE CONTORL are necessary I'm not to the point were I want to mess with it.

In Metro Tracks the intrument choices come up showing my icon name TD710 for the port to use.

I hope this helps.

Mel

+Quote Post
Synthetic
post Mon 21 Apr 2003, 19:53
Post #3

Maniac Member

Member No.: 1,082

ok... you post is a little confusing as you keep mentioning "audio midi" which is 2 totally different things. In "OMS" you can set the device to use same port or different ports for in and out and this is what arrows indicate. Not sure if this will help you or not. Also, you can't really cable a device to another device in OMS. This is what your midi seequencing program will have to do.

Also, did you make sure that the sound driver was selected in the sound manager control panel? OMS will not tell you anything about the actual sound card. It relates only to midi. What program are you using this interface with? Might want to check its preferences as well.

As long as OMS gives you "midi received" message... then midi is working and its up to your midi app to do the routing and such. cool.gif

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 15:08
- © MacMusic 1997-2008