MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help For A Newbie!, Classical musician out of his comfort zone!
tonester
post Thu 30 Sep 2010, 12:18
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 109,043

exactly what houstonmusic said. install the samples on the main MacHD, then copy them over to the external HD. Point the browser in EWQL to the new directory once they are installed.

Honestly though, I have six of the EWQL libraries, and I never had an issue installing them to my external HD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lunar 1
post Thu 30 Sep 2010, 13:28
Post #12

Group: Members
Member No.: 52,800

The actual program needs to go on your startup drive in the applications folder, the libraries (the 190+GB) can go anywhere. In the installer, the next window after it shows you which hard drive to choose (you can choose others as long as they too are startup drives), it will show you all the stuff it will be installing - Stand alone program, VST, AU, etc., and at the top, Libraries. There's a drop-down menu to the right of it that when clicked on, shows you where it will install the libraries by default, but at the top it says 'other'. Choose 'other'. This will bring up another window where you'll be able to select your external drive. Have fun! You're almost there! Only 20-25 more hours to go! (loading all those DVDz will take a while, get comfy)

This post has been edited by lunar 1: Thu 30 Sep 2010, 13:39
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 09:28
- © MacMusic 1997-2008