MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getting Started With Garageband
Awoodworker
post Thu 11 Mar 2010, 02:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 113,237

I have already searched the forums and I am sure that the answers to my questions are here somewhere but I will be darned if I can find them. I have been using Garageband for a little while (version 09) but I am really confused about exactly what "plug-ins" work with this program and how to use them.

Let me explain further... I can find plenty of Mac OS X software on the internet- including here http://www.macmusic.org/software/cat.php/lang/en/id/7037/ - but I am unclear as to whether these are standalone apps, plug-ins, or something else. If they are plugins, I do not know how to differentiate whether these are intended to work with Garageband, Logic or some other software package.

Any help would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ronaldl
post Thu 11 Mar 2010, 04:58
Post #2

Member No.: 12,933

Audio Units are the plugin format that you want to look for. These will work in GarageBand or Logic. Check here specifically for AU plugins.

+Quote Post
Awoodworker
post Thu 11 Mar 2010, 05:18
Post #3

Member No.: 113,237

QUOTE (ronaldl @ Wed 10 Mar 2010, 22:58) *
Audio Units are the plugin format that you want to look for. These will work in GarageBand or Logic. Check here specifically for AU plugins.

Thanks ronaldl. That's what I was looking for!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 12:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008