MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need A New Mixer...
nachojoker
post Fri 25 Jul 2003, 00:31
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,249

right now i dont have a mixer that i use before going directly into my gadgetlabs recording interface. i do have a Peavy 6 channel powered mixer, but it doesnt have 6 outputs. my gadgetlabs box has 8 ins and 8 outs, but there is no master out. how can i monitor all the outputs at once?? also, i guess there is no way to boost the input signal going into it without a mixer or preamp, is there a good low budget 8 in/8 out mixer i can use to mix the drum mics/bass/guitar, etc?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
boze
post Wed 1 Oct 2003, 17:21
Post #2

Member No.: 24,676

i'm not the most pro hw person, but I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'good' =)

i think bar none the lowest budget mixers out there are the berhinger line.

http://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?form=pro....x=0&submit.y=0

people have problems with them as a company and i'd like it if somebody would explain to me why that is. something to do with ripping off other peoples ideas and then underselling more respectable companies. but jeez- what's a poor man to do?! i mean what else can you get for $50 to $150??

look at this: http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHUB1204FXP - that's a 12 channel mixer with built in 24bit fx and two aux sends for $150!

i'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but it's hard to ignore.

--------------------
Kit: Dual Ghz G4, Vaio 2.6ghz GRV670 notebook. Software: Reaktor, Reason, Ableton Live. Leanings: Laptop performance, jazz guitar, singing.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 2 Oct 2003, 05:31
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Trouble with Behringer is also some issues on some models with build quality, but it seems to be more in the "big" stuff than the small things.

One important thing soundwise with Behringer: EQs are horrible.
This said, I have a close musician friend very happy with a small one from them.

You can have a look at Yamaha, Mackie, Soundcraft. Good EQs (even if different characters) and affordable stuff (less than behringer but you have an EQ)

Mine is a Soundcraft (but it's an old biggie weighting a ton that I love)

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
krisg
post Thu 2 Oct 2003, 08:33
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 268

I have a Mitec Vary Desk System oldie as well. Love it, will never sell it cool.gif

--------------------
When you understand disorder, out of that understanding comes order-JK.
http://www.audioplanet.fr

+Quote Post
bateman
post Fri 31 Oct 2003, 19:56
Post #5

Member No.: 21,164

Hi. I also have a varydesk. A wonderfull mixer. I'm looking for options... Do you know where i can find some ? At what price ? Thanks.

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
post Sun 2 Nov 2003, 13:41
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,003

So far I like my behringer MX 2004A 20 channel... The only draw back is the tracks bleed a bit... The thing I do is run the mac bac into the beringer for mixing.. Things missing, Monitors (looking at the Alesis bi amped near field monitor) to hook up to the berhinger monitor outs.. Also looking at a 32 chanel sterieo parametric eq.. If you have fire wire, I think the Motu 828 would be the way to go (8 ins 8 outs). The behringer is all in, with a max of 3 outs. They all come with 48 volt fantom power. Mine boosts the signal well enough that I don't have to push the sound card (gain set at 0).

This post has been edited by kaboombahchuck: Sun 2 Nov 2003, 13:42

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Jeff Pelletier
post Tue 18 Nov 2003, 01:21
Post #7

Member No.: 29,136

Sounds like a job for the Mackie 1604 (about 1600$ Canadian $).

Used in a split console set-up (it was actually designed to do this)....it's great. Here's how...

The 8 first strips have a "direct out", these come out directly "post" the pre-amps.
Run these direct outs to your interface's 8 ins. (input strips)
Then run the 8 outs to strips 9-16 (monitor/output strips).

You now have 8 ins you can boost with the pre amps. and 8 outs with all the wonders of eq., inserts, and a master section!

-Good Luck
-Jeff

+Quote Post
MusicMan91
post Sat 3 Jan 2004, 18:54
Post #8

Member No.: 30,691

Get a Soundcraft, I am using the M8, it is a great piece of gear.

Very...nice...piece...of...gear.

-Chris

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 18 Apr 2024, 18:42
- © 440 Forums 2011