MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Correct Setup Of Mixer To Usb Audio?, Connecting Behringer 1604A to Roland UA
Dunepilot
post Tue 28 Jan 2003, 13:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,253

I have recently bought a Behringer Eurorack MX 1604A, and would like to be able to link it (and my various
instruments) into my Edirol/Roland UA-30 USB audio box so that I can record and monitor incoming signals properly.

Using the pair of phono inputs and the pair of phono outputs on the mixer, marked 2-track 'Tape in' and 'Tape out' (not the main mixer outputs),
I am able to get a signal coming out of the USB UA-30, but only by depressing both the '2 track' and '2 track to mix' buttons. However, what this means is that every time I record and monitor using the mixer, I'm recording a complete main mix plus the new part I'm really trying to record separately.

Where am I going wrong
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Tue 28 Jan 2003, 19:48
Post #2

Group:
Member No.: 0

On that mixer you need to route the two 1/4" Aux Sends to your Edirol line ins. Route the Edirol's outs to the 1/4" inputs for channel 11/12 of your Behringer.

The Main Mix has to go to the monitors if you want to have a separate volume control on the headphones.

This way you'll be able to control the amount of signal going to your computer (maximize it, that is) and have a separate cue mix on your monitors/phones.

Hopefully, you can "mute" the track you are recording in your app (once you've got the input levels set) so that you can monitor the input through your board only (and with no latency).

Rock on.

+Quote Post
Dunepilot
post Tue 28 Jan 2003, 20:09
Post #3

Thanks very much for the advice, but there is one problem - how can I convert the (red/white) phono outs from the Edirol to the 1/4" TRS inputs that channels 11/12 need?

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance,
Ambrose

+Quote Post
post Wed 29 Jan 2003, 07:23
Post #4

Group:

You can either get a cable that has two RCA phono plugs (L/R) on one end and two 1/4" mono plugs on the other, or, you can just use a regular stereo phono line (like you already have) and get a couple of adapters (mono phono in/mono 1/4" out). The latter are much easier to find (like a Radio Shack or something).

How is the latency with that Edirol and Logic?

+Quote Post
Dunepilot
post Wed 29 Jan 2003, 09:41
Post #5

well, the makers of the driver (I think they're called Propagramma or something like that) claim that the latency is as low as 7ms, but from my own experience, I need to turn of software monitoring to be happy with using it in practise.

Also, I have found from my own recordings that a setting of -70ms on any newly-recorded audio tracks makes them _really_ sound in time, but that might be overkill on the part of my ears!

(in case you were wondering, because I bought the Edirol UA-30, that was back in the days when Edirol didn't give you ASIO drivers, so I had to turn to a third party vendor for the driver)

here's where I bought the driver

Thanks for all of your help, Baghun. I'll let you know how your suggested setup works once I've bought the adapters smile.gif

This post has been edited by Dunepilot: Wed 29 Jan 2003, 09:43

+Quote Post
post Wed 29 Jan 2003, 17:04
Post #6

Group:

You can check your recording timing by putting a "blip" or "pop" on a track and playing it back through your speakers or headphones while recording it through a mic on another channel. This way you can see exactly how much the two waveforms are off.

I've set up Digital Performer that way. There's a setting in DP for Recording Offset. I would think that Logic (which I haven't used much) would have a similar setting.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 18 Apr 2024, 20:15
- © 440 Forums 2011