MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Powerbook And... What Kind Of Mixer?
wahlrajc
post Sat 9 Apr 2005, 21:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 55,039

hey all--
i use Apple's GarageBand and my PowerBook to make music. i have a Mobile Pre usb to connect my mics (a Sure 57 and a condenser). i have this problem-- my mics (ESPECIALLY the condenser) pick up radio signals from time to time. someone told me using a mixer might eliminate this problem, as well as help me get a cleaner signal. anyone have any thoughts on whether or not this would work?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coldharbour
post Fri 15 Apr 2005, 17:39
Post #2

Member No.: 62,351

I don't think you need to get a mixer just for mics, how about getting a decent mic pre-amp instead? It beats the quality of pre-amps in a small, low cost desks anyway.

I don't know about the radio signals problem, I've never heard of such issues before.

+Quote Post
f4y3
post Sun 22 May 2005, 15:57
Post #3

Member No.: 65,970

QUOTE (wahlrajc @ Apr 9 2005, 20:52)
hey all--
i use Apple's GarageBand and my PowerBook to make music. i have a Mobile Pre usb to connect my mics (a Sure 57 and a condenser). i have this problem-- my mics (ESPECIALLY the condenser) pick up radio signals from time to time. someone told me using a mixer might eliminate this problem, as well as help me get a cleaner signal. anyone have any thoughts on whether or not this would work?

if you do decide to get a mixer, there are pretty good USB ones by behringer, numark, or alesis, that is if you're mixing with mp3s and wav etc... but if youre only working with cds then any will do (some are only $50-70 that are somewhat decent).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 14:55
- © 440 Forums 2011