MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Free Soundfont Editor
madskillzman
post Thu 7 Jul 2005, 09:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,816

hi guys. im sorry if this is a newb question, ive searched here and google.

im working with the crystal synth, and in reading the tutorials for making a soundfont, it says i need a soundfont editor such as polyphontic. Is there anything else for mac?

Im using logic express 7. Pretty much what i want to do is record our drummers drums, 1 drum at a time, and turn that into a soundfont..thus making our drums NOT sound terrible, making my life 10x easier recording and so on

thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
arvidtp
post Thu 7 Jul 2005, 19:02
Post #2

Member No.: 12,850

does logic express come with the EXS24? if so I would use that as a sampler rather than crystal. But maybe i remember something about Express having a read-only version of the EXS24?

I dont know how to create a soundfont.

Vsamp ( http://www.vsamp.com/ ) is a good cheap sampler with an editor if you cant make new inst with the EXS24 in Express. best,

--------------------
-Arvid •• Squish the Squid Productions, Modest Machine

•• digitally augmented trumpet, TOOB, flugelhorn, cracklebox, percussicube, no-input-mixers and Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz 15", MacOS 10.5, MOTU Ultralite, Logic Studio 9, MaxMSP 5, JackOSX ••
•• Electronic-experimental, jazz, digital instrument design, electronics, unique software and performance.••

+Quote Post
madskillzman
post Thu 7 Jul 2005, 22:23
Post #3

i havent played with it very much yet. i read through it and say you get 2 samplers, never mentioned the ESXP24, so thats why i started looking around

+Quote Post
justd
post Fri 8 Jul 2005, 06:48
Post #4

Member No.: 44,584

Hi Arvidco, express will be sent with a EXS24 and a very good Sampler is Reaktor. Happy creating 8)
Sounddeenjay[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]

+Quote Post
madskillzman
post Fri 8 Jul 2005, 07:22
Post #5

ive read that it is READ only. I assume reaktor will let me alter my samples then?

+Quote Post
yakobb
post Fri 22 Jul 2005, 13:17
Post #6

Member No.: 68,022

Logic Pro has exs24, that includes authoring tools. Logic Express has exsp24, which has no editing tools, however can still convert from other formats such as soundfont, giga.

Polyphontics seems okay, but I am about to finish the demo period. There is this VSamp thing, but I don't think it's better than polyphontics, and is not free anyway.

I would also like a free soundfont, exs or giga editor. Eitherway, I reccomend using exsp24 to play the soundfonts. It will probably do it better than crystal, as crystal is not really designed as a sampler. Exs will probably be more efficient too. The only problem is that exs has to convert the instruments to play them and sometimes it can't do this and sometimes it makes mistakes.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Mon 30 Sep 2024, 11:34
- © PcMusic 1997-2007