MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Transposing Audio Track In Logic Express
twiss
post Mon 13 Dec 2010, 07:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 116,220

Hi,
Can anyone let me know if it's possible to transpose audio tracks to a different key after they've been renderd to one audio track. I've created a backing track but want to change the key.
Thanks in anticipation.
Twiss. cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
post Tue 14 Dec 2010, 17:38
Post #2

Member No.: 88,124

i'm not a logic user...
but i'm on other DAWs all the time, so since no one's stepped up to answer, here's my two cents.
best answer is 'sort of.'
you can use pitch shifting to move an audio track up or down a few semi tones. i doesn't ever sound too good. there's NO way to enharmonically hold pitches to their staff equivalents. that is, you can't just transpose to a parallel key.
some plug-ins do a better job than the native, built in, transpose audio functions.
bottom line, try it, and then re play the part.

+Quote Post
tonester
post Wed 15 Dec 2010, 14:05
Post #3

Member No.: 109,043

QUOTE (twiss @ Mon 13 Dec 2010, 01:13) *
Hi,
Can anyone let me know if it's possible to transpose audio tracks to a different key after they've been renderd to one audio track. I've created a backing track but want to change the key.
Thanks in anticipation.
Twiss. cool.gif

It is possible using time stretching tools. Not sure if those are in Logic Express, but I'm sure there's something like it in logic Studio.
If I understand your question about rendering, I think you would have better results attempting to transpose each track BEFORE rendering. Transposing a mix of tracks will probably produce unwanted artifacts.

cheers!

+Quote Post
emgcarra
post Thu 16 Dec 2010, 14:16
Post #4

Member No.: 65,694

QUOTE (tonester @ Wed 15 Dec 2010, 14:05) *
QUOTE (twiss @ Mon 13 Dec 2010, 01:13) *
Hi,
Thanks in anticipation.
Twiss. cool.gif

It is possible using time stretching tools. Not sure if those are in Logic Express, but I'm sure there's something like it in logic Studio.
If I understand your question about rendering, I think you would have better results attempting to transpose each track BEFORE rendering. Transposing a mix of tracks will probably produce unwanted artifacts.

cheers!

Hi....my 2 cents..
Yes, it is possible in half steps..so they can keep their quality (?), but Melodyne does a much better job...
Best of both worlds, do your track again and learn the "check tone before" lesson. I ´ve been there..smile.gif
good luck

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 09:34
- © MacMusic 1997-2008