MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Logic Express 7.0, Problem, track stuck in edit window, gone from main window
leelbest
post Mon 15 Feb 2010, 19:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,552

Hey all, I know, get an upgrade to LE 9 at least, or 9 pro. Or another title, will have to start researching. Hard times financially at present, yada yada. Getting something out the door with what I got. Working on a voice over for an audio book. I am using my LE and it seems to be more satisfying than anything else I have right now, Audacity, Garage Band. Problem is, it appears to have hosed it's self (after pages and pages have been read, with many more to go).

I would really appreciate any insight as to how to fix the problem and hopefully remain in LE for the projects duration. If nothing else, at least find a way to bounce what I have to use it again with Audacity.

angry.gif I can't understand how this happened or how to fix it? OK, the prob;

I have a large voice recording, probably a half hour to an hours time. LE used to show the main window (where the tracks show up with the instrument settings to the left) with the recorded sound file as a bar as far as it went. Most of my time however has been spent in the window where I can edit the sound wave form. That window shows the audio wave and is still intact. I can click on the sound clip anywhere, hit the space bar and it all plays beautifully as it should. However, there is no sound bar showing at all in the main window. Worse, if I hit record or play from the transport bar, it sees the main window as empty so it plays nothing, or records as though there is nothing there. And, I Can't bounce or save anything out as the bounce sees a blank file as well, although it takes a very long time to bounce as it is really following the size of the recorded track but seeing apparently nothing.

I have tried selecting all and copying, and copying just a snippet to see if I could re-paste in another window. Nothing is getting this wave form out of Logics apparent ghost window.

Please, if anyone knows I could use some help with this. It looks Like I am so behind on this project already I am going to have to just jump in and do it over in a less preferable but more stable application.

Thanks if you can help at all.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
post Tue 16 Feb 2010, 17:24
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 88,124

yikes.
okay. can you locate the recorded audio file in your finder? will it play from the finder? you've got to determine if it's a Logic-wide problem, or some corruption of the specific project. and if that corruption is with the root audio file, or something else. is now a good time to ask about your back up scheme?

basically, is rebuilding the project a possibility...? (without re-recording the track)

of course, you should rebuild permissions, and preferences on Logic Express.

keep us updated, and good luck.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 14:00
- © MacMusic 1997-2008