MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M4a File Conversion To .wav, Need to convert .m4a file to .wav (or .aif)
tomc11
post Tue 29 Jan 2008, 16:05
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,116

Like most on this site I've got quite a collection of songs in iTunes. The other day I was trying to convert a standard .M4a file from iTunes to either a .wav or .aiff (apple loop) so that I can pull some audio samples.
I thought I could do it with my Quicktime Pro but can't find any options in the Save As. Also, tried iTunes itself with no luck. Even tried Apple Loop Utility but it won't load the M4a file.
I use Logic Express 8 and Garageband and I would think that some how I should be able to do this.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Wed 30 Jan 2008, 07:49
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 76,633

tomc11 "Posted Yesterday, 04:05 PM Like most on this site I've got quite a collection of songs in iTunes. The other day I was trying to convert a standard .M4a file from iTunes to either a .wav or .aiff (apple loop) so that I can pull some audio samples. I thought I could do it with my Quicktime Pro but can't find any options in the Save As. Also, tried iTunes itself with no luck. Even tried Apple Loop Utility but it won't load the M4a file. I use Logic Express 8 and Garageband and I would think that some how I should be able to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dear tomc11, yes I can help with this. Maybe three or four years ago I wanted to make my first MP3. I knew that it could be done in Logic. I saw the guy do it... But that was so long ago, too much information, I am scared what do I do? There was this really cool Bass Player from New York his name was, I kid you not, Blackassdave. Truth.

Someone asked the same question as you did, I was too embarassed to let people I didn't know how to do what everyone else did. Why I never raised my hand when in school. Scared. Anyway someone miraculously had the same problem. This was the first and last Post I ever saw, I did call him, he rattled off this great list of musicians, "Oh, do you know, Bill, Bob, Blue, Toots, Vibe, Johnny Slick, Funky Fat Frank, BeBop Tony"? Ummm, no. Click. Anyway Blackassdave just said..... "Sound Converter" by Steve Dekorte. It has been the best and least expensive Software I ever purchased. Steve Dekorte is a very zen like source. Sound Converter can convert almost any File. It costs $10.00. All Updates are 100% Free. I think the guy is some good natured hippie, computer guru geek or something. When I Downloaded the Online Copy and it didn't work. I wrote him and said "It don't work"! he wrote back. Did you buy it"? Ooooops! Oh, it ain't free? Guess $10.00 ain't bad. Best ever. Don't thank me thank, Blackassdave.

+Quote Post
tomc11
post Thu 31 Jan 2008, 15:09
Post #3

Member No.: 51,116

QUOTE (Mac Daddy @ Wed 30 Jan 2008, 06:49) *
tomc11 "Posted Yesterday, 04:05 PM Like most on this site I've got quite a collection of songs in iTunes. The other day I was trying to convert a standard .M4a file from iTunes to either a .wav or .aiff (apple loop) so that I can pull some audio samples. I thought I could do it with my Quicktime Pro but can't find any options in the Save As. Also, tried iTunes itself with no luck. Even tried Apple Loop Utility but it won't load the M4a file. I use Logic Express 8 and Garageband and I would think that some how I should be able to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dear tomc11, yes I can help with this. Maybe three or four years ago I wanted to make my first MP3. I knew that it could be done in Logic. I saw the guy do it... But that was so long ago, too much information, I am scared what do I do? There was this really cool Bass Player from New York his name was, I kid you not, Blackassdave. Truth.

Someone asked the same question as you did, I was too embarassed to let people I didn't know how to do what everyone else did. Why I never raised my hand when in school. Scared. Anyway someone miraculously had the same problem. This was the first and last Post I ever saw, I did call him, he rattled off this great list of musicians, "Oh, do you know, Bill, Bob, Blue, Toots, Vibe, Johnny Slick, Funky Fat Frank, BeBop Tony"? Ummm, no. Click. Anyway Blackassdave just said..... "Sound Converter" by Steve Dekorte. It has been the best and least expensive Software I ever purchased. Steve Dekorte is a very zen like source. Sound Converter can convert almost any File. It costs $10.00. All Updates are 100% Free. I think the guy is some good natured hippie, computer guru geek or something. When I Downloaded the Online Copy and it didn't work. I wrote him and said "It don't work"! he wrote back. Did you buy it"? Ooooops! Oh, it ain't free? Guess $10.00 ain't bad. Best ever. Don't thank me thank, Blackassdave.

Thanks Mac Daddy for the info. That could work - If I could just get .wav 's out I'd be happy.
Do you have a link? or can I just Google it?

+Quote Post
Jim Hoyland
post Fri 1 Feb 2008, 08:25
Post #4

Member No.: 81,499

I think the easiest way to do this is to use iTunes to burn an audio CD, then use your favourite ripping software to convert that to WAV, AIFF or whatever.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Fri 1 Feb 2008, 09:04
Post #5

Advanced Member

tomc11

I use Sound Converter for MP3's (However, did you know there are several Formats of MP3's? Sort of: Small, Medium and Large?) Yep, and the quality is noticeable.

Sound Converter can change almost any File into another in 15 seconds. I had a Video I wanted to send, I Dragged and Dropped the File into the 100% User Friendly Software, I got a message saying: "Sound Converter, might have a problem with this Type Of File" But, it converted it perfectly.

www.dekorte.com

Don't thank me thank: "Blackassdave"...

It cost $10.00 but it's worth it knowing you can convert almost ANY File.

+Quote Post
DANO10
post Fri 1 Feb 2008, 20:13
Post #6

Member No.: 6,512

tomc11,

I just used Sound Grinder to covert a whole batch of .M4a files to .WAV files. Check out Sound Grinder at http://www.monkey-tools.com.

Dano10

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Sat 2 Feb 2008, 08:29
Post #7

Advanced Member

tomc11.... Talk about "Inflation"?! Sound Converter now cost $14.00 not $10.00!!!!

Dano10, I had a look at Sound Grinder... Looks good but it cost much more than Sound Converter.
$27.79 Euros=41.2697 US Dollars

Prices are only going up...

Jim Hoyland... "What is: ripping software"?????

Sorry mate don't know the word: ripping. Is it 'Slang' or an actual something... "Yo, I would advise you to use the "Ripping Software" for that project...

Pleeeeeze, I gotta know... What is: Ripping

Thanks

+Quote Post
Jim Hoyland
post Sun 3 Feb 2008, 08:50
Post #8

Member No.: 81,499

Really? I thought children at their mothers' teat knew about ripping...

"Ripping" in this context refers to extracting data from one, fixed and un-editable format, to a more useful one. In this context, you can use iTunes to convert an audio CD to mp3, AAC, AIFF or WAV depending on the settings in iTunes > Preferences > Advanced > Importing.

Another option is to use Toast (if you have it). Simply drag the contents of an audio CD into the audio panel of Toast, highlight the track(s) you need, and press the "Export" button. You can then choose a file format to suit.

Best of luck!

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Mon 4 Feb 2008, 08:14
Post #9

Advanced Member

Jim Hoyland, just didn't know the context or definition or was it being used as Slang: "Ripping".

It sounds like a word that would be used in the UK or Australia. The "Ripping" I know, being from limited background is: "That chick was "Ripping" my clothes and throwing them out the window or saying to a dealer, you "Ripping" me off.

Never heard "Ripping" used in the music circles I move in. Something new. Thanks.

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Mon 4 Feb 2008, 08:26
Post #10

Advanced Member

Jim Hoyland, Yep, I checked... You're from the UK... Also, I know the definition of "teat" but usually say "tit'. I know "Teat" is more sophisticated but who wants a "Teat"? Them thangs on Pamela Anderson sure ain't called a "Teat" except in Sunny Old England.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 09:49
- © MacMusic 1997-2008