MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rme Hammerfall Dsp 9632 Or Fireface Overkill Or Not?
qusp74
post Tue 10 Jul 2007, 14:48
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 92,865

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this site, and a relative newbie to recording in general. I am a DAW logic user, I used to have a g4, alesis M1's Rode mics, a yamaha promix01and a delta66 but have recently upgraded to a G5 and KRK rp6's and RP10s my delta 66 was rendered useless by this move and i'm looking to get a new interface. (minijack sounds shite blink.gif ) My options are secondhand RME fireface and PCI, New RME hammerfall 9632, G5 compatible Delta 1010 or ECHO layla or GINA 3G. RME is my pick, followed by ECHO with M-audio third still the same tech as when I bought my delta 6 years ago. but I'm wondering, seem as the rest of my gear is prosumer will I really be able to notice the difference between RME and ECHO with my KRK's etc. the hammerfall gear has more of a future but will it really blow my socks off or just give me some bragging rights for the extra $500 australian.

any feedback would be welcome.

--------------------
Jeremy Glover graphic designer and compositor extraordinair but a relative novice at audio
Mac G5 1.8DP 4gig ram .. RME Hammerfall DSP 9632 .. Behringer ADA8000 adat interface
• KRK ROKIT 6 and RP10S•Micro korg Synth/vocoder with RODE NT2-A
Logic pro 7 NI kontakt, battery FM8, Altiverb Arturia Moog modular minimoog arp2600.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 18 Apr 2024, 14:11
- © MacMusic 1997-2008